• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Products - cleaning and detailing

Hello guys picking up the NHB EP3 this afternoon (very excited) I want to buy cleaning and detailing products what's the best to go for? Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Have a look through some previous posts, they'll be various recomendations.

Are you machine polishing or by hand?
For exterior generally you'll want (followed by what I use):
a pre wash or snow foam, valet pro citrus pre wash or auto finesse avalanche
decent wash mitt, dodo juice one
car shampoo, autosmart duet
two buckets and two grit guards
drying towel, chemical guys woolly mamoth
polish, auto glym super resin
wax, auto glym high definition

then additionally you have the options for more thorough cleaning
Clay bar, meguiars
fallout remover, iron x
tar remover, autosmart tardis
wheel cleaner, bilt hamber autowheels
brushes etc to clean the wheels
metal Polish, autosol

I could go on, have a look through some previous posts though and decide what you like the sound of.

List is huge, it all depends on preference, I highly rate Meguiars products.

I've used Autoglym and autobrite products too, you just got to try some different products and then use the products you've found the best to work with and use the products that you feel give the best results.

I've found clay barring makes a huge difference and also machine polishing.

You only need to do it once a year really but the difference it makes to polishing and waxing is un real, well worth it and not as difficult as I first thought it would be.

I'm going to get it done by someone first to a very high standard then do it myself going to get all the products where should I purchase

Where ever is cheapest llol, not much difference in prices on Meguiars, but I usually go to Halfords, Meguiars direct or Autobrite direct, but depends on what product/brands you want to use just search around on the web is your best bet.

I've heard great stuff about meguiars so going to go with them

Back