• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

products for cleaning the engine bay....

If its oil and engine grime - then Gunk does a good job. Can get it in a spray can, pour tin etc...

My engine is disgusting it looks like the car has done 100k miles. I might have to get some of this Gunk.

KT
x

SiKboy has recommended CD-2 and it seems to have good reports all over the net too, available from Halfauds :D

Going to pop on the way home and get some to give it a whirl the weekend

Carl

Used GUNK a few times.

Big bright orange spray can.

Warm the engine slightly, turn it off, totally cover everything in this GUNK so it's wet. Leave for 5-8 minutes, then hose off. And no I didn't cover anything with bags or mess around like that. I didn't see the point in the end. When you look your entire engine bay gets soaken anyway under normal driving conditions.

Results after using GUNK.

I wished I has started using it earlier on. The RED is no longer that red and is past being sorted out. The GUNK did remove the blackish tint to the inlet manifold and the spark plug cover.

Well I have just come from Halfrauds and got some of this CD-2 stuff so will take before and after and during and let you all know how I get on with it :D

Carl

N77 said:
Well I have just come from Halfrauds and got some of this CD-2 stuff so will take before and after and during and let you all know how I get on with it :D

Carl

Carl,

Did you ever get round to doing this in the end mate?

Wanna give my engine bay a clean over the festive period & wondered what works best?

Also, should I cover anything?

Cheers in advance

Nah never got round to doing it, the stuff is still in the packaging in the garage :oops:

Needs doing sometime or another though, its filthly under there

Carl

I just bought some cheapo engine degreaser, sprayed it on, left it a few mins and hosed it off

Back