• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Project Lude

J7

My dailer beater MR2 was getting close to death and as im no spring chicken wanted something a bit comfier and a few more toys. Brought a 5th gen 2.2 VTi Prelude at the weekend. Took a while to find a manual. Only 180bhp but feels pretty quick in VTEC, the 4 wheels steer is gonna take a bit of getting used to though. Ordered the Motegi kit this morning, just deciding on coilovers and wheels. My misses said i should install a special holder for my pipe and slippers:lol:

How it is now

lude1.jpg

How i want it to look

IMG_0004-2.jpg

I know a lot of people are not to keen on the 5th gen styling, but i kinda like it. Its a bit different.

woah a red lude!

pretty kewl you gona track it 2moraz?

Honda Prelude (96-01)
2.2 VTi 2d
GeneralProduction 1 Oct 1996 to 1 Oct 2000
Length 4545 mm
Width 1750 mm
Height 1315 mm
Weight 1319 kg
Fuel Delivery Multi point fuel injection
Transmission Manual
Gears 5 Speed
PerformanceEngine Size 2157 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 6.7 s
Power Output 197 bhp
Valves 16
Torque 212 Nm
Top Speed 142 mph

Last edited by a moderator:
I swerved the track day Spence, wasnt sure if i was gonna have a car or not. Plus its got some sketchy tyres on it at the moment. Proboably gone straight through paddock and out the other side:lol:

You going mate?

Hopefully not long now, its at Toms again :( getting sorted. If it dont work this time im gonna blow it up and turbo the lude :lol:

These are wicked motors pal :)

There is a really nice one near where I work. Very sutley modded, just lowered on some 17s and it looks spot on. Is also red. Very cool :cool:

Hopefully not long now, its at Toms again :( getting sorted. If it dont work this time im gonna blow it up and turbo the lude :lol:

Don't blow it up mate! just donate it .. I know a good "charity found" ;)

i had 1 of these, a manual with full leather. Comfiest car ever, drove from Manchester to Inverness in what felt like the fastest armchair in the world :lol:
And that 4 wheel steer is amazing, no more 3 point turns!
And on fast bends, it gives you so much more confidence
Guzzling son of a bitch tho, think I was getting 150 mpt (miles per tank)

Bit of an update. After sourcing a few bits car went to TGM. Firstly as its my daily driver didnt want to crashy a suspension set up, luckily managed to source an original new Honda access upgrade pack of four showa shocks and matched -25mm lowering springs. Then a bit of TLC with full service, all new brakes ect. I got a Motegi kit to fit but wasnt happy with some of the cars original paint. Willy ended up spraying the whole car but 3 panels. Set of Rota C10's with Parada spec 2 to finish it off. 4WS is excellent at speed, inspires real confidence on the fast sweepers.

Thanks to Fire_2 for the pics:cool:

img2945vh0.jpg

img2979sn7.jpg

img2925nk9.jpg

looks lovelly.

Nice to see you are using Riks old prelude as inspiration.

The colour onthose latest pics is awesome:cool:

Thats a nice looking piece of machinery there. My father in law has the motegi 2.2 5th gen. Its in the met Blue but could do with a good paint job and a decent clean for a change....mind you it can't be far off 100K mileage now.

Cheers. Id be buggered without it as the S2k seems to be of the road a lot at the moment:rolleyes: Ive done 10,000miles in four months in this and it hasnt missed a beat.

Back