• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quick reply - no subscribe?

I don't get any subscripions for anything i post to. it's been like that for about a year, which anoyed me to begin with, but at least my inbox is clear

User CP:

Edit Options:

Default Thread Subscription Mode:

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Options to choose:
Do not subscribe
No email notification
Instant email notification
Daily email notification
Weekly email notification

I have subscription mode on, always have, but of late I haven't received notifications of a few topics. Thought maybe it's because I sometimes click 'quick reply' instead of 'post reply'.

That's it clarified, you only get emails when you click 'post reply' and not the quick reply method.

I can't click on the "Quick Reply"

It says... "Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply"

Where are the quick reply icons then? :confused:

Does quick replying mean I don't get an email upon a subsequent reply?

TIA :)

Mail logs on the server shows plenty of mails to you today, have you checked your junk folder? Hotmail loves to filter our mail off into there :lol:

Plenty of mail mate, all from other threads. It's not a problem, just I thought I would get an email from replying both ways.

I don't get any subscripions for anything i post to. it's been like that for about a year, which anoyed me to begin with, but at least my inbox is clear

Server's mail log shows plenty of mails being sent to your email address as well :lol:

Plenty of mail mate, all from other threads. It's not a problem, just I thought I would get an email from replying both ways.
you should do, does the thread you quick replied to show up in your subscribed threads in the user control panel?

Well I have replied normally to this one now, so I get a reply, but if I reply the quick way I don't get a notification mate, I just tested that out on another thread. No emails. But I have since replied in the normal way in that one aswell :lol:

If you make a new thread in this section, entitled `testing for NickCTR` or something, I will quick reply and check the User CP?

Well I have replied normally to this one now, so I get a reply, but if I reply the quick way I don't get a notification mate, I just tested that out on another thread. No emails. But I have since replied in the normal way in that one aswell :lol:

If you make a new thread in this section, entitled `testing for NickCTR` or something, I will quick reply and check the User CP?

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=59218

Somebody mention CP?

pedobear_lastfm.png

:lol:

Back