• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rain leakage inside boot :(

Dear friends,

I would like to get your help with solving very annoying issue in my Civic Type-R, 2002.
When it's raining, i have water leakage inside my trunk.
please see attached pictures.
Where this water comes from? and how can i seal it?

img0781j.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you in advance for your kind help.
Eugene.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have checked the black seal around the trunk, it look ok.
i don't know where to look, my trunk is flooded :(

Wait for a dry day, then poor water over the back of the roof, it should make it clear where it's coming from.

Dear friends,
update:
i sealed the black seal around the trunk.
it doesn't help, still water from rain coming in. maybe from the side rear window...
here is the place the water comes from this place: (marked with red arrow)
IMG_0808.JPG:

24uz53m.jpg

any suggestions?

Evgeniy

Mine does a similar thing.. I thought it was coming in from the window and had it refitted and the water still comes in.

My back is stripped though and it looks to me like it comes in from the wheel arch somehow.. Can't really see from inside the car becasue there is a metal plate over where i need to look.

Will take the wheel arch lining out when i can be bothered to try work it out :)

So frustrating though i thought i had fixed it once.. Does yours come in more when you are driving in the rain becasue it might be the same thing?

it's not coming from the wheel area.
i think i found the problem, just waiting for a real rain to check it.
i found several problems, i have dissatached the back side of the car, sealed of the rubber seales on the back door, and on the roof, the main leakege in my opinion was from the aerial, i have a spoon aerial, it's diametar is smaller than the original so i sealed it in all directions.
meanwhile, seems to be dry on rain. i will check again the spare wheel area this weekend again.

Just checked it now... Still water come in while the car standing.
So frustrating. I have no ideas... Even the dealer don't know what to do...

Back