• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear caliper problems

My civic ep3 type R failed its Mot on the drivers side rear caliper barely working.

Iv fitted a new cable and new caliper but the problem persists. After fitting the new caliper I bled the brakes then started engine, pumped Peden several times then tried connecting and adjusting the handbrake. Still can't get a good hold. The other side works great. Looking at the caliper when the handbrake is applied you can see the mechanism try and move but no joy. Cable moves free when off the caliper. Any ideas?

Cheers

is it just a handbrake problem or is it the same when the foot pedal is pressed? You could take the pads out and operate the handbrake mechanism on the caliper by hand, you should be able to see the piston move out. With it being new though along with cable cant see it being them so it might just want the cable adjusting

Just handbrake problem. The brakes are fine when just using the foot brake. But the handbrake mechanism operates fine when the pads are out, by hand or with cable connected (Piston moving and mechanism moving much more) only seems to be an issue when the pads are in place. Hopefully it's just needing adjusted and I'm doing something silly.

Yeah i think its just the nut what's toward the rear under the center console plastics to adjust it

I had nothing but bother with my rear calipers when I replaced for returned ones.
I read on a forum to release the nut on the cable in centre console all the way off then pump the brake pedal about 20 times. then adjust the nut on the cable with the handle 1 click up until there is some friction on the rear brakes.

Worked a treat for me.

Sent from my JY-G4 using Tapatalk 2

I had nothing but bother with my rear calipers when I replaced for returned ones.
I read on a forum to release the nut on the cable in centre console all the way off then pump the brake pedal about 20 times. then adjust the nut on the cable with the handle 1 click up until there is some friction on the rear brakes.

Worked a treat for me.

Sent from my JY-G4 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah ah I tired this after fitting but no luck. I think it may be the wrong size cable, slightly too long. So will try changing that

Back