• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Remote Key Fob Replacement

Hi, I have just got my first ep3 type r, pre-facelift. The key fob is in really bad condition, and only the unlock button works (just). Is there anywhere cheaper than Honda where I can get a replacement? tried looking online, ebay etc with no luck. Would it be possible to buy a cheap universal one or something and just program that to my car? Please help. Cheers

I'd double check with someone who has got a pre facelift, I'm not 100% sure I'm right. Ask in the random thoughts thread, just stick the link to this page up.

I got one off eBay and it's the newer one so now I know why it won't work on my 02 ctr.

Well today I had an auto locksmith come out with a new Honda KeyFob and he has programmed in the new fob, but it will only unlock the vehicle, not lock? He rang a local auto electrican who said it was a possible alarm fault. Any ideas? The guy was sound enough, and gave me the fob for cost, not inlcuding VAT and didnt charge for programming.

Monument Locksmith 07921707197 or 07877690267 - Nick Balcombe He only charged me £50 as he couldnt program it to work correctly, which is cost and hes spent 2 1/2 hours battling on.

Back