• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rev limiter...

I have a 02 plate CTR and I wanted the bee R rev limiter however i was wondering if any guys on here before had one fitted to their car or if they would fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bee-R-Rev-Limiter-Launch-Control-BRAND-NEW-UK-Stock-/110723666546?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c7a51272#ht_1230wt_932

R
eason why i want one is because me and a few mates often go drifting and tracking on a private field and a few people at the venue have suggested this to us.

Any input appreciated

Thanks

I'd stay away mate. Mapping your car on K100 or Kpro is a better bet, it'll improve the drivability of the car and you can have a launch control set up. Although I don't know why you'd really need one

You don't really need this on a CTR.

Try revving it stationary and you won't get it above 5k (stationary over-rev protection), rev it when moving and you won't get it past 8,400 (indicated) which is more like 8,200 in reality. Assuming you don't do this for prolonged periods no damage will come of the engine.

The issue I have with kits like this is that the CTR has a timing chain instead of a belt. Bouncing off the limiter continuously has been known throw the chain by a couple of teeth, artificially limiting the car by third party means is asking for trouble.

I doubt that'd work on the K20 anyway, irrespective it's a waste of money.

Taking advice from Drifters on Hondas, awesome.

And if you read the ebay advert properly:

"Available for use with all rotary, 4 and 6 cylinder engines. (No V8 application). Other than Honda's!"

Well I like to take advice from everyone before I conduct my own research.
Its just I had one on my old WRX and it was a cheap alternative to 'anti-lag' as it gave the pops and bangs without the effect hence why I thought it may work on hondas and also due to seeing alot of uk made videos on youtube with rev limiters!

Thanks anyways guys!

EDIT: Only reason why I sold my WRX bugeye is because I have a habit on staying near the redline and thought after owning a EK3, EK4, EF, EG AND MB its time to buy a civic type r as I was told they're good for the 'redlining' drive etc.

Just don't down shift past the limiter as this is one of the main reason the engine's go bang.

Back