• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ride quality after fitting EP3 JDM rear ARB

Hi Peeps,

I purchased a new EP3 JDM rear ARB and installed it myself this weekend including new D bushes and drop links. The fitment seemed spot on however I've noticed the ride quality has become very bumpy since installing the new ARB, alot more than expected. Understand the thicker 22mm ARB should stiffen up the rear but from the experience of the people who have fitted it should the ride quality be affected? FYI car has Honda OEM springs and Bilstein ** shocks which are less than a rear old (ride felt ok before JDM ARB install). Is it possible the item has been incorrectly installed, looked as though could only be installed 1 way but could I be wrong?

Thanks

Have you got any pics of it fitted?

It can have a tendency to be fitted upside down, but you would notice this if the ARB is close to the LCA

I made that mistake once... look under the car without lifting it. Is the ARB touching the LCA? :)

Don't think the bar was fitted upside down but will take a picture after work and post it on here. Tried to install it the same way as the old UK ARB

Guys thanks for your help it is upside down , went to see pics and can see the ARB is touching the lca's , when car was on the Ramos while I was fitting it there was lots of clearance , once wheels on and back ground its touching , will take it off and put the right way

You might wanna grab a can of spray paint to cover over where the LCA has scratched the coating on the ARB to reduce the chances of rust.

Back end might be a little less "solid" now ;)

Cheers Mike , removed it , nothing to touch up on the bar as it was just touching some plastic covers on each of the lca's , refitted it (this time the right way round) and took for a test drive. Ride was back to how it was before and felt more stiff and supported on the rear so definately an improvement. Next up front camber bolts and rear camber arms (got them just to need fit) then FRSU

Back