• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Road angel and radar detectors in a FK2

Does Any one use a Road angel or radar detector and if so are they any good?

Also could you hard wire one in to a FK2?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You can use the option connector in the in cabin fuse box to hardwire a anything, or use a fuse tap from the same fusebox to get a positive feed on ignition. The negative would then be any metal point where you can screw it to. Luckily there are a couple of hoops next to the fuse box that you can stick a nut and bolt through to secure an earth.

I'm going to be hardwiring a dash cam shortly, and will post pics in my thread of what I've done. I've gone full hog though and bought a crimper, bullet terminals and a proper socket for the option connector so it should look like a decent installation when I'm done.

It's my understanding that when a radar detector notifies you it's already too late because you've been zapped, I may be wrong though.

Reading some of the stuff online laser ones are a bit like that but they can pick up the rada from a distance. But don't really know was just wondering if anyone had tried them.

I have a snooper with GPS camera database, radar and laser.
Waste of time in my opinion. I ended up just ignoring the warnings as there were so many false alarms.
Waze satnav app is very good. Has a database of the cameras and often people update it of they spot police cars/cameras on the side of the road so it will alert you to that also.

We have the Road Angel Halo, front and rear cameras; that is hardwired into our FK2. Very pleased with it. Not a radar though, obviously. :)

I had a radar and laser system on my S2000 worked really well even going at silly speeds it gave you
time to slow down but you get so many false alarms and with he FK2 having radar and parking sensors
fitted you may find it will mess up the system

Ok tom tom do a free app for android phones that lets you know of fixed speed cameras. Been using it with the van seem pretty good.

My Thinkware F750 dashcam has fixed and mobile speed camera location alerts. Pretty useful tbh.

I'm going to be hardwiring a dash cam shortly, and will post pics in my thread of what I've done.

I'll have to get these pics done. It's been in and working for a few weeks now.

I just looked the thinkware up. looks very good i use a dash cam for my van but haven't thought about one for the CTR.

Back