• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Roof rust

Folks, just been refused a warranty claim by Honda for roof rust after 12 years. My local dealer who have always been brilliant found a bulletin that extended the warranty for the roofs and basically i had 2 months to stake my claim. Today Honda have declined my claim based on the fact the car missed its first scheduled service in year 1. Ever since that date it has got 10 stamps (9 from Johnsons Honda + 1 from Horizon Honda which I had done). its a manufacturing fault so surely they should honour it or is it really a case of everythiong has to be done on schedule even though mine is all perfect apart from year 1.. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I have sent Honda UK a polite email..
thanks folks

Honda UK are notorious for warranty claim refusal. The onus should be on them to prove the rust is there because of a missed service however many years ago, which obviously they cannot do, so I would continue to push them.

Back