• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Running/Bedding in a clutch

Dynax

The Babysitter
I've got my car ready soon to be picked up, and im wondering is there anything i can do for the the first 'x' miles before i can drive it like normal?

Its got a new clutch which is slightly uprated, so was just wondering if i have to take it steady for abit?

Any help appreciated. Its also got a new gearbox and flywheel, so once again...anything i need to do here? :oops:

Well, I'm no expert (I'm sure someone more qualified can correct me if necessary!) but I'd expect to give it a couple of hundred miles steady driving first. When clutch work was carried out on our CTR the other year that was what the service technician recommended. It kind of makes sense given the mechanical nature of the components you' mention. I don't think it would hurt to let them 'bed in' to the rhythm of your car.

Just my tuppence worth. :wink: :lol:

Cheers Sharky, i'll take it slow for the first couple of hundred miles, just wanted to check there was nothing special 8)

Back