• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rust problem on an 04?

Well i read all about peoples rust problems on their CTR's but today i discovered two small "dots" on my drivers side door sill.

Where do i stand with this? Havent got time to take it to Honda at the moment because i cant get the time off work.

Wouldnt expect this on an 04 Sport..... :( :?

My '03 has been in for rust repairs under warrenty, to the slam panel and rear towing eye. :roll:

wan_man said:
Well i read all about peoples rust problems on their CTR's but today i discovered two small "dots" on my drivers side door sill.

Where do i stand with this? Havent got time to take it to Honda at the moment because i cant get the time off work.

Take it back the paintwork is covered for 3 years iirc, and 6 years if it corrodes from within?

from the Honda site

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Surface Corrosion Warranty 3 Years
Honda warrants that the Honda car specified on your Warranty Certificate is free from corrosion appearing on visible painted surfaces for the period of 3 years unlimited mileage from the date of the vehicle's first registration in the country of origin.

During this period Honda will rectify, free of charge, any such defects found on the car, subject to the warranty conditions listed in your service book *.

Structural Corrosion Warranty 6 Years
Honda warrants that the Honda car specified on your Warranty Certificate is free from corrosion from the inside to the outside of body panels and structural parts for the period of 6 years unlimited mileage from the date of the vehicle's first registration in the country of origin.

During this period Honda will rectify, free of charge, any such defects found on the car *.

*For details of Warranty Terms and Conditions, please refer to your Service Book

If the rust is caused through scratch's/damage to the paint then it won't be covered under warrenty. :wink:

There is some rust underneath my rear number plate (2004 cosmic) only a couple of spots - did you think it is worth sorting :?:

garypaul said:
There is some rust underneath my rear number plate (2004 cosmic) only a couple of spots - did you think it is worth sorting :?:

Of course!! Silly boy! :wink:

Neily03 said:
garypaul said:

Of course!! Silly boy! :wink:

They are pretty near where the dealer has drilled the number plate holes - so no doubt they will try and fob me off with some excuse. Will take another look at weekend

wan_man said:

They may be caused by your seatbelt shutting in the door.

Thats what they told me, therefore no cover :cry:

jonniefast1 said:
wan_man said:

They may be caused by your seatbelt shutting in the door.

Thats what they told me, therefore no cover :cry:

WTF?! W@nkers.

They say that to me and i'll show them whats caused when their head gets caught when i shut my door :wink: :lol:

I think a trip to Honda is on the cards asap..

both my drivers and passenger doors are starting to rust on the top.so i took it back to honda and hey presto its going in on saturday for 2 new doors.

Back