• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Self levelling headlight motors!.

I've just fitted facelift headlights to my preface CTR, they came without the levelling motors. Do I need to fit them?, as I can't find any manual adjustment on the back of the lights that I've fitted. Any help or pics would be appreciated.

Im not 100% on facelift lights, but on my pre face lights there are little white plastic screws on the top accesible only when the bonnet is up, which adjust them, though it didnt seem to do much to mine.... Im sure they come on your lights too...

I've looked all over the rear of the unit, I can't find any adjustment anywhere!. I'm sure Honda would of made them with some sort of manual adjustment for the UK market?.

I was told that I had to purchase the levelling motors, yeah they work from the roller inside the car. I'm confused to fcuk about this!. Fitting the lights and wiring up the HID kit was a breeze, trying to get the aim correct is doing my head right in!....

They should adjust from the tabs mentioned in the two links above, regardless of the motors.

Loxy. Just been admiring your CTR'S, very nice I must say!.

These lights ain't given up nothing, I wish I never done the conversion.

Thanks.

Have you got any pics of the light from above? Are they missing the white plastic screws or just not adjusting enough?

Did you get them from ebay? I bought a pair when I done the conversion then noticed they weren't genuine and one had a leak so I sent them back. they actually tried to bump me and dingy me for ages.

Could it be a set of them you have ?

done the conversion myself haveing same issue drivers light is higher than the passanger side not had anyone flash at me yet also looking into mounting a set of headlight washers dunno what 1's to go for got a spare front bumper am going to modify thinking honda crv 1's would do the trick unless anyone knows where i could get the proper civic 1's

I will post some pics tomorrow, been on a late shift so I'm crackered!.

No didn't buy them from fleabay, got them from a local Motor Factors, they ain't got any leaks and not fogging up.

i know how to adjust the high looking down at the headlights where the eletirc motors are you will notice 2 little holes on the motor 1 at the top and 1 of the left take a long philipes screw driver and put into the hole and start to turn cant remember which ways up or down, also make sure the screw drivers thin so it goes into the hole

Sorry I haven't posted anything, manic Xmas and still working!. I've found a hex screw on the back of the lights, don't know what it does yet.

I have looked for these elusive headlight adjusters on my Facelift Ep3 for over 6 years and i still haven't found them. There are markings on the lens to show you which way to turn the adjuster but there are no adjusters to be found anywhere on the unit.

I've got 2 of these headlight adjusters spare ( and no there not for sale ) for the facelift lights ! They are fiddly to adjust ! All you need is a stubby cross head screwdriver !

I've actually found out how to adjust the headlights properly, there is a 10mm nut on the back for the up and down, and at the bottom of each light is a plastic cross sort of thing, that does the left to right.

thanks to everyone for the help.

Just to let you know, if your going to do this headlight conversion on your preface lift CTR. The plugs for the indicators(not the bulb holders) are the same as the side repeater plugs. I found that if you shave the slots off of the new bulb holders the plugs fit nice and snug.

If that makes sense.

Back