• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Simota twin charger intake system

Any traders here that would be able to supply a Simota twin charger cold air induction kit for a CTR? I'm struggling to find a UK supplier.

Thanks
Pero

I'd go for something else mate. This kit looses BHP due to it sucking in hot air in the engine bay.

Something like an AEM CAI for just under 200 quid is a much better choice, plus it's the second best avaliable for the CTR.

Chris, that is not strictly true. This Simota kit is designed in the same way as the AEM CAI where the cone filter is in the wheel arch or bumper, and away from the engine bay heat. Furthermore, the ram pipe is designed differently to create denser airflow.

Pero said:
Chris, that is not strictly true. This Simota kit is designed in the same way as the AEM CAI where the cone filter is in the wheel arch or bumper, and away from the engine bay heat. Furthermore, the ram pipe is designed differently to create denser airflow.

The only Simota that I know of is basically the same as the AEM V2, which sits in the engine bay like I mentioned. The V1 sits in the bumper.

The AEM is the only kit that sits in the bumper as far as I know - unless Simota have released a new system.

...I thought this is the place you come to when you need good advice :?

Simota has indeed released a new induction kit called "Twin Charger Intake System" which is similar to the AEM CAI. I know they make them for certain Civics, just not sure whether there is one for the Type R.

Pero said:
...I thought this is the place you come to when you need good advice :?

Simota has indeed released a new induction kit called "Twin Charger Intake System" which is similar to the AEM CAI. I know they make them for certain Civics, just not sure whether there is one for the Type R.

Sorry mate it's not like I get an e-mail of simota telling me about their induction kits.

I was not aware they had released a new version hence my previous replies.

They do a Simota CAI (Ordered one for my car).

Got it from DP Motorsports.

Take a look on there, there official simota dealers and have endless amount of induction kits. If Simota make it, its on there! 8)

Dynax said:
They do a Simota CAI (Ordered one for my car).

Got it from DP Motorsports.

Take a look on there, there official simota dealers and have endless amount of induction kits. If Simota make it, its on there! 8)

Oo oO

Just got a UK supplier for Simota which would be able to supply this kit, but told me that Simota is going bust??! :shock:

Think I'd rather go with something more well known and trustworthy.

Pero said:
Just got a UK supplier for Simota which would be able to supply this kit, but told me that Simota is going bust??! :shock:

Think I'd rather go with something more well known and trustworthy.

How much was it out of interest? 200 quid will give you a proven system and a good name - the AEM v1.

Pero said:
I think about £150. I agree, I'll rather get something that I know works.

:p :p :p :p

150 quid will get you a second hand AEM easy. There were a few in the classifieds for about the 100-120 mark but I think they've been sold.

Justkeep your eye out mate.

Back