• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

simple engine upgrades?

Hi there, I'm new to the type r scene and I have just purchased a mint 52 plate MP3 with 47k and fhsh.
The car is quite nippy but I would like to make it a little quicker. I'm on a budget so I was just thinking about the basics,, exhaust,, manifold and induction kit, would this get me anywhere the 220 PHP Mark and if not what would.
Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, I'm new to the type r scene and I have just purchased a mint 52 plate MP3 with 47k and fhsh.
The car is quite nippy but I would like to make it a little quicker. I'm on a budget so I was just thinking about the basics,, exhaust,, manifold and induction kit, would this get me anywhere the 220 PHP Mark and if not what would.
Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Tegiwa intake and a 2.5" cat back might get you 220bhp before/without mapping, at least i've seen those figures on a premapping dyno chart. but you'd get more power, mid range and smoother power delivery with a k100 remap (£720). don't bother with the decat manifold or inlet manifold unless you're going to get it remapped as it won't run properly or safely

Your best bet would be, like this man ^ said is Teg m or gruppe m induction kit and 2.5" cat back with a remap or maybe a CPL reflash. That Should see around those sort of figures and improve the way the car drives aswell.

Back