• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Size Variation.

Scousefella

Mental for Oriental
Our recommended siz on a standard wheel is 205/45/17.

What variations are possible with no safety risks?

215/45/17

205/40/17

and on..............................................................

Your opinions please. 8)

The only size I would recommend on the OEM wheels without throwing off the speedo or fouling the wheelarch is 215x40R17.

Just collected a pair of Brand Spanking New Avon ZZ1's for £50. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My first ever Ebay Purchase. :lol:

Are Avon tyres any good?

are they a Budget tyre?

for 18's the perfect size would be 225 35 18

can get Nankang's NS2 for about £70 per corner in that size or Avon ZZ3 for £110.

I think we need to have a thread which highlights how good a brand is on average.

We all know the tops are: Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Yoko's, Toyo.

I think we should a low and medium budget brand tyre thread!

Awesam said:
Are Avon tyres any good?

are they a Budget tyre?

for 18's the perfect size would be 225 35 18

can get Nankang's NS2 for about £70 per corner in that size or Avon ZZ3 for £110.

I think we need to have a thread which highlights how good a brand is on average.

We all know the tops are: Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Yoko's, Toyo.

I think we should a low and medium budget brand tyre thread!

A good call fella. 8) :wink:

OK, had the ZZ1's fitted and already the RE040's lack of grip is now a thing of the past. :D

OK, the "Stones" were at 2mm or less but as soon as the ZZ1's had a bit of temperature in them I could corner on throttle and hold the line. :wink:

So far so good. 8)

Scousefella said:
OK, had the ZZ1's fitted and already the RE040's lack of grip is now a thing of the past. :D

OK, the "Stones" were at 2mm or less but as soon as the ZZ1's had a bit of temperature in them I could corner on throttle and hold the line. :wink:

So far so good. 8)

Glad those Pots lasted for 3-4 months :p

I will be replacing my 2 front tyres to (Falken FK451's size 215/45/17) after winter/spring as I still have 4-5mm on the current ones.

My rear tyres (Falken ZE512's size 215/45/17) are just over 3 months old and they are pretty good in the wet/dry (not sure about heavy snow/ice conditions?). :?

stinkypooh said:
Scousefella said:

So far so good. 8)

Glad those Pots lasted for 3-4 months :p

I will be replacing my 2 front tyres to (Falken FK451's size 215/45/17) after winter/spring as I still have 4-5mm on the current ones.

My rear tyres (Falken ZE512's size 215/45/17) are just over 3 months old and they are pretty good in the wet/dry (not sure about heavy snow/ice conditions?). :?

Yeah cheers fella - they done the biz as required, now I have thick tread for the winter. :wink:

Back