• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sky Insurance **Top Guys**

Currently an MR2 owner and member of mr2oc.co.uk and gave my a brilliant discount and price on insurance at 19 with the mr2 with a years no claims and around 18months driving experience. I've had the policy with them 2months but had the mr2 since January. Though with a CTR in the family i have decided i too want a type r and am currently considering a dc2. I spoke to them over the phone and have quoted me £300 on top of my mr2 for a 99 ukdm dc2. I thought this is brilliant for a young driver as myself.

I am also with Sky, 2nd time now and i can fault them, friendly staff and very good prices, ive got all mods declared for a lot less than most companies were quoting standard :shock:

Thumbs up from me :cool:

Anyone any experience of making a claim with these guys, just wondered what the service is like?:D

Sorry to spoil the party, but I'm not overly impressed with these guys.

1) I Rang them at 11.15 Sat 6th Oct for a quote. Was told someone would get back to me later that day with the details (as its for a grey import), but noone called back.

2) I Rang again on Thurs Morning (11:00 on 11th Oct) for an update. The person who was dealing with the quote (on Sat) was on another line, so left message for them to ring me back

3) I Rang again Thurs afternoon (14:00 11th Oct) asking for an update. Got put through to the person dealing with the claim who advised that they had tried to contact me ever since Sat, but my phone was disconnected? (will let them off as possible network probs - even though no one else mentioned it between Sat & Thurs). Sky were still waiting on 2 companies to come back, but promised to ring back before 16:00

4) I Rang again thurs evening (16:45) for an update - still waiting for the two companies to ring back, but would let me know ASAP. No indication given of what the quotes ranged from.

5) I Rang again Mon (15th Oct) - Was advised that they couldn't get close to the A-plan quote (£100-£150 difference)

Although everyone I spoke to from Sky was really pleasant and helpful, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired (which is never a good sign should you be unfortunate enough to have to make a claim).

Personally their quotes weren't competitive, so I'll be staying away.

Others have had success with them, but just bear the above in mind if you're trying to insure a modified import.

I've stuck with A-plan as they were very helpful in resolving my claim

Last edited by a moderator:
Mossy,

please accept my apologies on behalf of Sky Insurance that your quote was such a painful procedure, this is NOT representative of our usual service.

We pride ourselves on our great customer service and personal touch, this has obviously fallen down with you though.

Thank you for the comment stating that our staff were pleasant and helpful, that sounds more like it!

My job is club liaison manager, if any Type-R-Owners club members experience any probelms trying to contact Sky Insurance, please feel free to PM and me and I will be glad to help.

My apologies once again that we let you down.

regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Mossy,

please accept my apologies on behalf of Sky Insurance that your quote was such a painful procedure, this is NOT representative of our usual service.

We pride ourselves on our great customer service and personal touch, this has obviously fallen down with you though.

Thank you for the comment stating that our staff were pleasant and helpful, that sounds more like it!

My job is club liaison manager, if any Type-R-Owners club members experience any probelms trying to contact Sky Insurance, please feel free to PM and me and I will be glad to help.

My apologies once again that we let you down.

regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Ollie,
Thanks for your apology & going out of your way with looking into this issue - I've replied to your pm.

I wasn't sure how "involved" you were within this forum / or what your position is within Sky, so I vented my frustrations here (never a wise idea on a Monday!)

Let me know if you need anymore details.

Cheers
Mossy

Ollie,
Thanks for your apology & going out of your way with looking into this issue - I've replied to your pm.

I wasn't sure how "involved" you were within this forum / or what your position is within Sky, so I vented my frustrations here (never a wise idea on a Monday!)

Let me know if you need anymore details.

Cheers
Mossy

No problem at all Mossy.

Thanks for replying to my PM, I have passed the information onto our Office Manager Scott, I will come back to you asap.

Please consider that in these (hopefully infrequent) situations I am here to help you.

I am myself a Japanese car enthusiast and have been employed specifically to keep Sky's customer service levels at the highest level for club members.

I am more than happy to look into this for you.

Many Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Ollie,
Thanks for coming back to me - it is appreciated :smt023

Despite my earlier post, I will return (well - ring Sky!) in 12 months!

Hopefully no one else will have any issues (certainly I was the first when reading through the posts on the insurance section).If you do, then drop Ollie a pm as he has shown that he will look into it & investigate further (makes it sound like he should work for Watchdog!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back