• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Slick black and on the car

15538.jpg

shame can't keep them on all the time. :twisted:

Did them myself for a bit of a laugh, and they were scuffed from being thrown around at race tracks. The do look big hope they fit :roll:

Better hope it don't rain mate. :D

Those tyres look like they have quite a large profile for 18s mate?

Suddenly had a nagging doubt that they might not fit. :roll:
15540.jpg

15541.jpg

15542.jpg

May need to remove the plastic at the back of the front arches apart from that they fit :twisted:
So tempted to go for a drive :twisted:

I want a set of slicks :twisted:

Would be fun just for one dry sunny day.

Looking good there though mate 8)

Friendy..........Im probably talking absolute tosh....but for track days isnt there a ruling that full slicks arent allowed unless its a pukka race car???

:?

Sara said:
Friendy..........Im probably talking absolute tosh....but for track days isnt there a ruling that full slicks arent allowed unless its a pukka race car???

I've read similar Sara, although some tracks allow slicks they normally demand that the car has a full roll cage too!

Sara said:

Will check if that's the case will need to get a roll cage.

Did you have to uprate the wheel bearings?

I saw somewhere that the extra cornering forces generated by the extra grip could knacker the oem ones, or am I talking tosh...

:shock: Donington say "Slicks only if you have a rolcage" Ive never seen them bother about it though! :lol:

When are you out to play next?

New brakes are being fitted on the 9th looking for a date after that, as for the wheel bearing had to have the near side replaced, can't remember why, but I asked Paul at TDi if it was down to track days and apparently not, will see what the slicks do to them.

May not be the same but Slicks pbviously generate a lot more grip may not have a adverse effect for track days but I know runing them on standing starts etc etc such as the Drag Strip

Will put massive stress on the Drive Shafts just a point to note :)

The Civic with slicks on had uprated drive train and drive shafts at Rockingham to handle the slicks and the cornering speeds

As tart says, refrain from high rpm standing starts and hard acceleration in first gear with them on or the driveshafts may not like it!

Back