• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Slight Alteration & New Stereo :D

N77

Well I decided to go for it and upgrade and update my Alpine unit, to another Alpine unit :lol:

From a Alpine 9815RB

Before:
normal_100_1488.jpg

After the awful saggy Autoleads adaptor and after fitting the new stereo I decided to get rid and not use one all together.

to a Alpine 9855R and KAC 420i iPod interface

After:
normal_IMG_0975.jpg
normal_IMG_0977.jpg

normal_IMG_0994.jpg
normal_IMG_0987.jpg

normal_IMG_0985.jpg

I didn't think it would look that good but after fitting my old Alpine into its new owners car without an adaptor I thought it looked better than a sagging fascia :D

Carl

gah looks nice i like the way the cables comes out the middel!

that easy? i gota plug my ipody thingy in...

Fire_2 said:

Like this

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0349.jpg

Its easy the plastic at the bottom is very soft, I just punched through with a screwdriver then tidied it up with a file.

N77 said:
After the awful saggy Autoleads adaptor and after fitting the new stereo I decided to get rid and not use one all together.

Looks good mate :wink:

Fire_2 said:

Yep just a matter of taking the centre console out really and hiding the wires. I put the hole under where the cup holder pulls out so you can't see it.

Carl

That looks really good without the fascia. Nice way too of hiding the ipod wire through thecentre unit :D

How much was the Ipod interface and head unit ???

looks good carl

my head unit was fitted without facia aswell

ipod i must buy soon

Bunge. said:
That looks really good without the fascia. Nice way too of hiding the ipod wire through thecentre unit :D

How much was the Ipod interface and head unit ???

The Ipod interface I brought for £56 off ebay and the unit was from caraudiocentre.co.uk for £260

Carl

KAC 420i iPod interface

will this work with older alpine units ie 7894rb?

or will i need newer unit like yourself carl?

ai changer to connect them up?

Back