• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Snapped air valve

Hi all, the plastic nipple on the air valve where the breather hose attaches too from your induction kit is snapped, does anyone know the proper name for this valve, is it easy to replace and where I can source the part looked all night last night and couldn't find it any where and the forum was down , please help, thanks

Hi all, the plastic nipple on the air valve where the breather hose attaches too from your induction kit is snapped, does anyone know the proper name for this valve, is it easy to replace and where I can source the part looked all night last night and couldn't find it any where and the forum was down , please help, thanks

I snapped mine you have to replace the whole thing, there are a couple of threads on here about it.
There are a few people that just tape it up after snapping as its just used for cold starts.
If we are talking about the same part..

Yeah that's it pal, nice 140 quid part there, I have tapped the nipple back on the plastic valve it's not whistling or anything as far as I can here, none on ebay, will it do any damage till I get one, goes in for major service next week at cpl, always the way, will look good having a gaffer tapped engine bay

Yeah that's it pal, nice 140 quid part there, I have tapped the nipple back on the plastic valve it's not whistling or anything as far as I can here, none on ebay, will it do any damage till I get one, goes in for major service next week at cpl, always the way, will look good having a gaffer tapped engine bay

Many people have taped it up and left, best bet is obviously replacing part, mine was such a clean break, i took the part off and managed to glue back together neatly.
Like said on other posts you dont really want dirt etc getting in there.

Back