• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Some help please

Ped

I've had my JDM Ep3 for around 6 months now. It runs fine, and goes fine. It has a full Piper exhaust system with sports cat with No emissions lights. My main question is that my car allows me to rev to aprox 9,000rpm. After reading up on the Hondata series (K-pro/100) i've realised my car probably shouldn't do this without a chip/remap. A good friend of mine (Duffy a member on here) has recently got a Uk ep3 with a Tegiwa airbox (against my standard box), and tbh theres nothing in it in terms of speed which makes me question whats actually been done to this car.

Is there any most likely possitibilies or ways for me to check? Thanks.

Rev counter isn't 100% accurate, they can be quite optimistic, I wouldn't worry.

Interesting. I wasn't really expecting that. Im thinking of getting a AEM cai. Do you reckon its worth me going down the K100 route to get the most out of my car?

If you can afford it then yes, but you have to pay every time you get a remap so get all the mods done that you want first.

I think thats all i'd do straight line speed wise. With being the import, and quite a good example. I don't want to lead it too far astray. What we looking at on the K20a with full exahust, cai and mapped to suit k100. circa 140bhp?

I think thats all i'd do straight line speed wise. With being the import, and quite a good example. I don't want to lead it too far astray. What we looking at on the K20a with full exahust, cai and mapped to suit k100. circa 140bhp?
Yeah boi, 140bhp is WIN

I have a full 4-2-1 exhaust system with sports cat. Wheres the facepalm emotocon?

Back