• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

some people have to much money!!!

i was at system-r yestaerday getting paul to tinker with a few bits for me when a lad came in with a ctr and asked mark if he could come outside to have alook at his ctr and give him some advice. i thought nothing of it and chatted away to apul . about 10 minutes later mark came back in and says hes wants 450bhp from it and has 12 grand to spend on the engine alone!!!!. i felt a really poor when most of the bits paul was fitting for me were 2nd hand of thr classifieds section here ( and the other forum ) . saying that i was well chuffed. 2nd hand injen CAI for 125, dc sports short header for 150, silenced spoon b pipe ( which was off pauls beast when he replaced it with the toda ) 150 and kpro for 600. not a bad bunch of bargains to give me 220bhp at the flywheel

Erm the only way he going to get 450 BHP out of it is to fit a Turbo, and go and see Guy at CPL Racing

Ohh and he may want to uprate the driveshafts as well as 450 BHP will break them

Tarticus said:
Erm the only way he going to get 450 BHP out of it is to fit a Turbo, and go and see Guy at CPL Racing

Ohh and he may want to uprate the driveshafts as well as 450 BHP will break them

Yep!

450, fwd very silly if you ask me...which you did not. Unless of course you just want to blast up the strip. Not saying 450 can not be reliable, just that I cannot imagine 450 bhp being any quicker in the real world than 300... what with traction issues etc. I mean looking at Dom in Poland only a 10th quicker with 200bhp more :shock: If you know what I mean.

If someone came to me with 12k (and I was a tuner). I would spend at least half that on chassis, weight loss, brakes and transmition etc. Oh and a driving course.

Hell It could have been Tom Chilltern for all I know mind :)

Some people just want to be unique

They would probably blow all that cash on it, keep it for a week and then start another project.

Can't imagine anyone wanting that sort of power for a daily driver.

G said:
450, fwd very silly if you ask me...which you did not. Unless of course you just want to blast up the strip. Not saying 450 can not be reliable, just that I cannot imagine 450 bhp being any quicker in the real world than 300... what with traction issues etc. I mean looking at Dom in Poland only a 10th quicker with 200bhp more :shock: If you know what I mean.

If someone came to me with 12k (and I was a tuner). I would spend at least half that on chassis, weight loss, brakes and transmition etc. Oh and a driving course.

Hell It could have been Tom Chilltern for all I know mind :)

nah it wasnt tom. id have recognised him.

Id suggest he sold the CTR and got himself something that could handle that level of power, like a skyline, scooby or evo! :wink:

donald said:
Id suggest he sold the CTR and got himself something that could handle that level of power, like a skyline, scooby or evo! :wink:

That's right. I doubt if the CTR chassis can handle that much power :shock: a brand new Evo fQ-320 cost 29k and the handling of that car is just amazing not to mention the acceleration... I never driven such a well balanced car 8)

Obviously not too many people have had the opportunity to experience this kind of power in a CTR. And yes it is challenging to make it work. But the first challenge was to get the power in the first place and now to tweak the power delivery and chassis to handle it. But there are many options available. One of the nice things about a turbo is boost control and I have been working hard on tailoring the boost delivery to get more of the power to the ground. So far 1st and most of second gear is proving challenging but I can get all 434 bhp down from 3rd upwards. Another simple thing which made it possible on the road is running 235 stick tyres. And of course the Quaiffe LSD helps a bunch.

What did you get at the wheels captain scarlet ? (I'm guessing IRO 185atw?)

Like you I'm one of these cheap people who buys loads stuff 2nd hand and get's TDi North/System-R to fit it for me ! :lol:

I'm back there this weekend for a whole host of stuff. :oops: :lol: :twisted: :p 8)

Second hand is really the way to go, I keep a record of what I've spent, and although it makes shockign reading, one pleasing thing is that I also keep a record of the new cost of parts, so I can see how much I've saved. Another £2400 is what it would have cost me for new parts, and I've barely scraped the surface with my car. That money saved figure will rise to over £3k this weekend after I've had a borred throttle body, JDM inlet manifold, IMG, mugen thermo stuff fitted 8)

He did go to the right person when asking about uber boosted power. :wink:
I know what your all saying about available kits but you have to consider just what could come out of TDi if they really wanted to make a boosted car.

11 years of designing and developing race turbo systems for Garret must stand for something and with the support of HKS it would be a monster.

You wouldnt be able to drive it on the roads mind. :roll: :lol:

If I had a budget like that it would be spent on developing a car with a chassis and drive already capable. Get an R32 or Evo :twisted:

Back