• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spare engine?

As some of you will know my car is to be JRSC'd soon @8psi along with some other mods......

I'm AM fully expecting to detonate the engine at some point in the future :lol: :lol: .

Once my jrsc has being fitted Im going to put some hard earn'd aside to get, a replacement enging/box/clutch :lol: ready.

I am lucky that my CTR is not an everyday car now,

I was looking at the options.

Get another KA20 and beef it up, ie tuffriding L/B ing new rods, pistons, valve springs etc.

But what would be the other route?

Maybe a larger capacity engine to start with? is this possible?, Im relatively new to Hondas, and their interchangerbility between cars.

Can we uprate a 2.4 engine then whack it in a jrsc'd CTR engine bay?

I see that stroker kits are avalible now, but.... strengh?

Anyway, Im keeping the CTR for the forseable future and Im going to try
and take it as far as spare funds allow, leaving it looking completely standard.

Please post you knowledge of the subject.

How much money do you have to put towards a spare engine?

You could get someone like CPL to build you a high spec engine with uprated internals etc... and then swap that with your existing engine. Then you could sell the standard engine on to get some money back and your uprated engine should theoretically be reliable for use with the JRSC.

HASNIC said:
Why do you think the engine will blow?

8psi around the Nurburgring next April. Thats why.

No, seriously, I would like to just build something up over a small period of time after the jrsc goes on. and like funky says, perhaps sell the existing engine.

I here we can get a used KA20 for as little as £1500 maybe less?

P Reddy said:
HASNIC said:
Why do you think the engine will blow?

8psi around the Nurburgring next April. Thats why.

No, seriously, I would like to just build something up over a small period of time after the jrsc goes on. and like funky says, perhaps sell the existing engine.

I here we can get a used KA20 for as little as £1500 maybe less?

IF you want jap spec K20A then you'll need to pay more than that most of the time unless you're very luckin all honesty.

A Uk spec engine (K20A2) will cost you a bit less though.

As for increasing capacity you can use a K24 bottom end, lots of people in the US have gone this route: http://www.k-series.com/forum/ has a good bit of info on using a K24 bottom end fella and alot of people go the JRSC route with it.

So thats a good route to look at taking mate :wink:

If you are gonna be doing the ring i would advise an oil temp guage and an oil cooler be fitted before you go.

hovblackctr said:
If you are gonna be doing the ring i would advise an oil temp guage and an oil cooler be fitted before you go.

As Above, also reduce your PSI.... 8PSI on standard internals, especially doing a track.... is asking for trouble :!:

typerkid said:
hovblackctr said:

As Above, also reduce your PSI.... 8PSI on standard internals, especially doing a track.... is asking for trouble :!:

Mike, I fear, head, wall and much banging :)

Back