• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon Earthing Kit

How did you fit yours?

The battery clamp for the earthing kit is designed for Japanesse batteries so therefore requires boring out to fit a UK battery.

My question is, does the Spoon Earthing Kit Clamp fit to the battery and then the Battery Negative lead fit over the top of the Spoon Clamp?

Or:

Did you just do away with the Spoon supplied clamp and retro fit the Spoon wires to your negative battery lead?

Also, what is the solution in the bottle used for?

Your help will be much appreciated. I just though I'd ask before I start to butcher mine at the weekend :wink:

Ask Julian he has one on his, that he is also selling too, you should of waited mate ;) :lol:

Carl

I just asked him what was in the bottle. I've since found out that it is a cleaning agent to clean the surfaces to ensure a good bond. I never asked him about the clamp as I'm going to just to do what I proposed and do away with the clamp.

Once I've fitted it (hopefully today) I'll let you know how I got on.

All fitted this afternoon. Here's how:

1: Remove iVTEC cover

2: Disconnect Negative (-) battery terminal.

3. Remove the battery clamp that comes with the Spoon Earthing Kit and discard. Keep the M6 bolt as you will need this later.

4. Remove one of the iVTEC mounting brackets (the one on your right as you look at it, i.e. the one nearest the battery.

5. Thread the Earthing Kit along the fuel rail. The longest cable needs to reach the alternator mounting bracket. There is a threaded M6 hole next to the top pulley on the opposite side of the bracket.

6. With the M6 bolt from the original Spoon clamp, secure the Earthing Kit cable end to the threaded spare hole next to the top pulley on the alternator bracket.

7. With the second longest Earthing Kit cable end, place the bolt from the iVTEC mounting bracket bolt through the cable end and re-fit the bracket.

8. Undo the battery securing plate (battery stay) and connect the shortest cable end to this and refasten the battery stay.

9. Connect all three ends (two of which are bonded together) of the Earthing Kit to the Negative Terminal (-) battery clamp (I did one either side) and reconnect the clamp to the battery.

10. Using the cable ties, secure the cable to the fuel rail.

11. Refit the iVTEC cover.

12. Job Done, start the engine to make sure everything is okay. :wink:

Time taken if taking your time is about 1/2 hour.

lol yeah get some pics up I want to know if i fitted my spoon earthing kit correctly lol

I'll get some pics up. Just need to borrow a digi cam, queue Paul Goffin :wink:

I would say that the Spoon Earthing Kit is purely ashetical as I have not experienced any gains from it. The engine revs still dip slightly when loading up the Alternator :cry:

Back