• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon N1 and B pipe "springy" noise

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Can hear it when I close the door or drive over bumps with the window down.

What needs tightening/lubricating?

How about you get under the car and shake the exhaust. Then you will get a better idea of where the noise is coming from :)

smeg said:
How about you get under the car and shake the exhaust. Then you will get a better idea of where the noise is coming from :)

I've shook it from the side but I can't locate it. Just wondering if someone knew exactly.

milano_chris said:
smeg said:

I've shook it from the side but I can't locate it. Just wondering if someone knew exactly.

The only part that has any flex in it , is the joint between back box and centre section , theres 2 bolts with springs on , so the noise is probably coming from there

milano_chris said:
milano_chris said:
It's coming from the cat area :?

Anyone care to shed some light?

There are 2 bolts that fasten the cat up to the manifold , these also have springs on them , check they are tight

Bit vague to diagnose with "springy noise " and " coming from cat area "

Theres also a mounting rubber at the bottom f the downpipe on the cat , give that a spray with some wd40 or something ( you would be surprised what strange noises dry rubbers can cause )

Back