• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon progressive springs and JDM anti roll bar

Black R said:
Wheres the best place/s to get these and how much am i looking at?

Pm ADH on here I know they have a set of spoon progressives in stock and there prices are certainly competitive.

Paul at Tdi North has the anti roll bars, not sure how much they are, as I got mine as a package

Friendy said:
Paul at Tdi North has the anti roll bars, not sure how much they are, as I got mine as a package

About £80 without VAT.

Fitting takes about 30mins or something nominal like that.

Chief said:
Worth the money then chap? does it stiffen up the whole car?

It makes the car only slightly stiffer compared to stock, especially on bumpy roads. But on the track it makes a huge difference in handling. :D

I hear its bumpy on the road.......but as i plan to do a few more track days i think it will be a worthwhile investment

Hmm might be interested myself in these!

Damn I wish there were'nt so many mods out there!

i got the JDM roll bars and spoon progressive on mine. definately makes a difference, especially at rear. doesn't feel so light now when cornering fast, feels a lot more planted. i got spoon lower strut braces as well but i'd advise against having the front one installed if your some who does a lot of fast B road driving. mine has bottomed out on me a few times now due to the bar hanging down from the car. ive bent the brackets on it but the bar is still straight. gonna invest in the tanabe bottom brace soon as it looks like it sits a lot more flush to the underneath. overall i'd say the setup i currently have has improved the car on some roads but impaired slightly on others but i definately wouldnt change it back to standard

I just got Spoon progressives fitted yesterday - I am very very happy with them 8)

No unwanted noises from them either - I think clunks from springs tend to be on the cheaper ones that don't have sleeving on them, so I think you tend to hear the noise of the metal on metal? Certainly Spoon and Eibach both have sleeving on them.

I am now considering a strut brace :wink:

Back