• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoon Reservoir Covers

I can find these for sale in blue with white writing on Ebay and the SSEL website,

SS_91.jpg

BUT I am sure I have seen them before in orangey/red with black writing. Its these I am after. Are they genuine Spoon, or 'copies' as most Spoon stuff seems to be blue or yellow.

Anyone know where I might get the orangey/red ones??

The orange ones are Mugen reservoir covers fella, pretty sure Unit-8 have them in normally mate.

I never understood these, they look like sweat bands!! What do they do?? :oops:

Neily03 said:

The Spoon website has some good marketing bullshit on them LOL!

Spoon reservoir tank covers serve three purposes. One, they help keep the reservoir tank caps in place during racing and spirited driving, helping prevent spillage of vital fluids. Second, even if the caps are jarred open, the tank covers help contain the spill and minimize fluid loss. Third, the tank covers prevent dust and debris from accumulating on the tanks and potentially contaminating the brake fluid. Furthermore, they help prevent the brake fluid from absorbing moisture from the atmosphere, which otherwise reduces braking performance and causes corrosion of brake components.

Basically they add a bit of colour to the engine bay, and look nice.

Gunn79 said:
Neily03 said:

The Spoon website has some good marketing bullshit on them LOL!

Spoon reservoir tank covers serve three purposes. One, they help keep the reservoir tank caps in place during racing and spirited driving, helping prevent spillage of vital fluids. Second, even if the caps are jarred open, the tank covers help contain the spill and minimize fluid loss. Third, the tank covers prevent dust and debris from accumulating on the tanks and potentially contaminating the brake fluid. Furthermore, they help prevent the brake fluid from absorbing moisture from the atmosphere, which otherwise reduces braking performance and causes corrosion of brake components.

The only thing there is probably valid is;

the tank covers prevent dust and debris from accumulating on the tanks and potentially contaminating the brake fluid

the rest of it is bullshit!!! :lol: like the cap is just gona come loose!! :roll: :? :lol:

I think you will find that Bazzer boiled his Brake Fluid on track and his Spoon Reservoir Covers did a good job of absorbing fluid rather than let is run all over the engine bay. 8)

they are basically the same thing as a sweat bang,

the idea is that they will absore (sp) any moisture / condensation to keep the brake fluid dry.

as brake fluid will have a different boiling point in dry (ie new with no water mixture) to wet. (1%)

regards
Peter

Scousefella said:
I think you will find that Bazzer boiled his Brake Fluid on track and his Spoon Reservoir Covers did a good job of absorbing fluid rather than let is run all over the engine bay. 8)

I think I topped the brake fluid up too much and as it got stonking hot, expanded and ejected itself. But as Scouse say's, it absorbed all the fluid and didn't leave a mess. Just washed them with Persil and look as good as new again.

Also, over time, your reservoirs get filthy making it harder to see the level. Not the case with the socks on :wink:

I won some of these at JAE last year, my son uses them as sweat bands when he plays football, told him it was a team in the J league :lol:

Friendy said:
I won some of these at JAE last year, my son uses them as sweat bands when he plays football, told him it was a team in the J league :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bloody expensive sweat bands though :shock: had you paid for them of course :D

Back