• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Sports cat+manifold

Hey guys few quick questions regarding japspeed. I know there have been a fair few threads pop up the last few weeks but I couldn't find any info on if I wanted to run a two piece setup.
For example if I wanted to run these.
Manifold http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Honda-Civ...onda-Civic-Type-R-EP3-4-1-Manifold/p-5-1-807/
And
Sports cat http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Honda-Civ...EP3-High-Flow-Sports-Cat-Downpipe/p-5-1-1031/
Would I still need that simulator sensor?
And apart from the cat, manifold, new gasket, engine mounts and a k100 what else would be needed. It's currently got a b pipe and oem back box on it. Thanks!

If you are getting a K100, you don't need an O2 sim. The mapper turns off the 2nd sensor from being read, so the EML doesn't come on.

A decent intake wouldn't go amiss if you haven't already got one. The exhaust bolts sometimes seize with the heat cycles and being exposed to the elements, but you'll only really know that when you come to take them off.

I'm pretty sure TDI North installed one of these 'shorty manifolds' to an EP3 and it actually made less power than the OEM set-up so the standard manifold ended up going back on.

The Japspeed 4-2-1 would be your better option performance wise, if you have a friendly MOT tester you could run a full de-cat set up or if you dont there is the option of putting a 400cel cat into the system which is the route Paul (Staffs Deltic) and I have gone down which should leave the car road legal.

With the Japspeed cat only being 100CEL you may have difficulty passing the MOT emissions test too.

As Loxy has already said a good intake is the sensible addition too and if funds allow an uprated exhaust system.

Great that answers pretty much all my questions. ** probably go for the all in one then, after I check with my mot tester.... Oh I've got a tegiwa M on it already. What sort of gains would this provide with/without k100 I've got an unsilenced super sprint b pipe and oem rear box. Will it really change drivability that much and will it still be relatively quiet because of the large rear box?

The 4-2-1 is definitely the better option for performance mate, good thing with the Japspeed 4-2-1 is that its fantastic value for money and you dont need to change the OEM ARB either.

The Tegiwa M is one of the better induction kits pal just being a copy of the highest regarded Gruppe M so that will fit in with the mods you are going to add nicely, definitely get the K100 if you do replace your exhaust manifold and get somewhere reputable to install and remap the car like TDI North or Eurospec dependant on your location.

With your current set-up you are probably only looking at a couple of bhp increase in reality, if you go for the K100 with exhaust manifold and decat I imagine you would see figures in the region of 235-240bhp and 160+ lbft

The addition of a manifold usually gives your exhaust a bit of a deeper sound but when I had mine installed I was actually quite pleased as it didnt increase the sound as much I was expecting so you shouldnt find it much louder than your current set-up.

That's good I had a spec2 on my ek so don't fancy anything like that in the ep! Well that's not bad gains and especially as its just basic mods with a map on top. I'm in north London so ** take a look at there sites. Thanks guys.

Back