• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Squeaky clutch pedal fix?

Hi , is there a fix for clutch pedal on fn2 its been squeaking from day one and is really annoying me, (its started to groan aswel when at biting point but thats for another day) seen a fix for an american 8th gen got link
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/clutch-transmission/193724-diy-fix-squeaking-clutch.html
can this be done on our uk cars ? Ive had a quick look i couldnt see that cylinder on firewall but its got to be there , im going to adjust pedal tonight anyway so i'll pull panels off for more room to see

It's a known issue on the FN2, you can grease the pedal but it will just keep on coming back

Im not sure if its because pedals been adjusted or because i sprayed some lithium grease on the springs and like in the link theres a shaft which goes into a metal cylinder thats above clutch pedal (basically the shaft you adust pedal with) unlike the link above our cylinder is above pedal not in firewall i sprayed everything thst moved when pressing down on pedal, but payed extra attention to shaft

Any chance of a pic or two of exactly where I need to spray the grease? I'm a novice when it comes to clutch operation, I wouldn't even know how to adjust the pedal!!

Yes it makes it alot easier believe me, i tried to do it without removing cover laying on my back and it was a right pita! Let us know how you get on

Hi im going to get some grease for my clutch as its squeaky. the grease your link takes me to looks like a spray? did you spray into the little grease hole into the cylinder or just spray the rod that goes inside it?? or both?

thanks

I pretty much sprayed everything that looks like it moves buddy, I've been nearly a month with no squeek whatsoever!

I pretty much sprayed everything that looks like it moves buddy, I've been nearly a month with no squeek whatsoever!

Cheers mate! will nip down to Halfords and the weekend and pick some up, will hopefully stop the embarrassing squeak on my new car lol

Back