• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Steering issue.

Evening all.
I have just joined so this is my first post.
I own a 54 plate EP3 which I have had for just over 16 years.I’ve had no issues bar general maintenance over those years but just recently (last month or so) I’m noticing that the steering is feeling odd.I’m not particularly mechanically minded so please bare with me on my description of the issue.
The steering feels too precise, the slightest adjustment say for a gust of wind or an uneven road and I’m having to adjust again. Motorway driving has become hard work as I am constantly adjusting to keep the car straight, its only slight adjustments but she is not driving the way she has for the last 16 years.
I’ve had the track rod ends replaced last year for its MOT and the ball joints have been done because there was play in them.Tire pressure is as per manufacturer and the tires are fine.
It’s been in the garage for a diagnostic about the steering but they can’t seem to find anything amiss.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could look at getting the geometry checked on a 4 wheel aligner to rule that out,

Otherwise I would look at the steering rack slider.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

You could look at getting the geometry checked on a 4 wheel aligner to rule that out,

Otherwise I would look at the steering rack slider.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Thanks for that,much appreciated. Will look into the geometry check first.

Cars in for the geo Saturda,will take it from there and see.

Hopefully the geometry is all over the place after having the tie rod ends replaced and a simple alignment check will identify it.

It's amazing how skittish and bad a car can feel with wonky alignments.

Hopefully the geometry is all over the place after having the tie rod ends replaced and a simple alignment check will identify it.

It's amazing how skittish and bad a car can feel with wonky alignments.
Yes, fingers crossed she will be sorted Saturday .Will post the results

Back