• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

steering rattles slightly over rough ground

hi everyone I was just woundering when I go over rough ground is It normal to have a slight knock/rattle from the steering seems to be coming from the rack its only low miles and everything is solid and its full Honda history so I know its been looked after, I have had a good few type r's now and do recall my past 3 ep3's knocking but I just if its normal or not? cheers p.s had new trackrods and my tracking all set up so I know that is perfect aswell

I'd start with the cheap and easy things first like anti roll bar drop links as these will cause a knock/rattle over rough ground. Also check the top mounts on the front suspension struts are tight.

I also have a knock/rattle driver side changed drop links top mount and strut still knocking , garage say everything looks ok !!

How can I test the top mounts for movement I know everything is solid on the car but it's worth a second look, I have a ramp at hand so I will get it on tonight, it's so annoying when it drives amazing on the road and when I come to park it up I get a rattle effect but it feels like it's dead in the middle of the bulkhead

what's your mileage on had my top mounts checked there fine mines on 101k , mines also feels like middle bulkhead area :(

72 full honda history and it's never in it's life been ragged or wheel spun I got the car of my mate who had it from new but I don't no if am being paranoid, are you going to look into more mate?

I have spoke to a few people and I think it might be in there nature I don't know how bad yours is but mine isn't to bad I can just notice it, think am worrying for nothing but if you find the problem please let me know as I will get mine done aswell cheers mate

Check none of the heatshields have gone rotten and are rattling around, never had it on an EP3 but had several other cars do this. Chasing suspension components for months without realising it was a simple as sticking a big washer on a bolt :lol:

Cheers pal I will have a look I did do a little mod on the drive shaft heat shield so I know that's fine but I think you might be onto something there:)

Back