• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stolen in the last few hours

(Also posted on Ciciv Type-R Owners forum)
Well add another Civic Type R to the list of stolen cars. Mine was stolen in the early hours of the morning. The burglers got in through a downstairs window, rumaged around downstairs, found my keys and took off with my phone, wallet, keys, work laptops, PSP, and a few other small things they could pick up. All this in a matter of moments after I had just gone to bed.

I was lucky in that my neigbour saw the thiefs turning my house lights on and off that she got curious and looked out and found them driving off with my pride and joy. One black and one white young males in tracksuits. She called the police who promptly came round, woke me up then took all the details. I have to say that the Hampshire police were very good at getting the details and circulating them as quick as possible.

So if anyone see's a NHB CTR registration RJ04KYR (with 4 new tyres only a week old!) in the Fleet Hampshire/Surrey area (or maybe evern further away by now) then please report it to the police. Only mod was fog lights and a black grill fitted to cover the radiator through the front bumper, everything else as standard for a facelift '04. I'd like my car back :(

Now to deal with the rest of the aftermath from the burglary :cry: [/i]

Christ fella that is the pits. :(

I must add though, losing the CTR and wallet etc is bad, that fact the sticky fingered tw*ts were not violent and hurt you and your family is a small consolation. 8)

Obviously I wish you the best of luck and hope things work in your favour.

wankers

gutted for you mate

we had our house broken into last month while we were away it sucks :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well there is good and bad news. The good news is that the Thames Valley Police have found and recovered my car. The bad news is that it was found burnt out in the Reading area. I have to call the garage where it's being stored at tomorrow and hopefully they will give me more information.

What a complete waste! The burglars have a week of fun in my pride and joy then burn it. Why? It's not like they even made any money out of it by trying to sell it on. They probably made a few hundred from the PSP, laptops (that are safe booted so you cant load them up without the password), and my phone which has since been blocked and is useless to anyone.

All I hope now is that the insurance company stay on track with being helpful and informative and process my claim so I can get another CTR. I've learnt my lesson this time and will definetly be investing in a tracker sytem for the car and an alarm system for my house. Maybe even some CCTV.

Sorry to hear that fella - I suppose it would be alot harder to be happy with the car after someone else driving it though. :shock:

Not the greatest consolation but that is how i would feel.

Would agree with Scouse....

.....but sorry to hear none the less. Nothing worse than people tampering with your pride & joy, even more so when it's this extreme.

Hope the Insurance company play ball and get it sorted for you quickly 8)

Back