• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stone chips

I have quite a few stone chips on the bonnet, which show up especially as it is black, is it possible to respray affected area or does the bonnet need full respray to look perfect?

Is it an FN2? My bonnets a bit of a mess too! Could always take a trip to your local SMART repairer but some don't like em!

It's an EP3 mate. Cheers for the responses, do you know roughly what I should be looking at cost wise for respraying the bonnet?

For minor surface scratches possibly! But not for stone chips and deep scratches where a bit of paint has actually been removed from the car! There's loads of touch up kits available, honda do their own one! Some are useless some are better! I've got a chipex kit, which I've found very good for stone chips but its expensive at £50 per kit but you get enough paint to last as long you'll own the car! None will ever be as good as a respray though!

Not had nighthawk but if it's color match you are concerned about the Milano red paint i had was 100% spot on!

Read the blurb on the website mate, there is demo videos on there too! basically it's a 3 step fix, the blob the paint on and let it dry, remove exess paint with the blending solution and then polish it up!

it's the only chip repair kit i have come across taht lets you blend the paint in, all others will leave a visible blob of paint on the surface of your car unless your skilled and brave enoug to wet sand it!

it's not perfect, no touch up ever is and it taks some practice to get spot on but its the best thing i have come across!

Either of you had your chipex kits yet? What do you think of it? I'm going to be getting another soon as I made the will mistke it not tightening the lid on the paint and storing it horizontally = no more paint + a nice red shelf!

Back