• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Strut Brace.............How Much???

Please can someone explain to me, how a strut brace (that is assisting the vehicle to be more stable) now class the car as a "non insurable modification"?

I have been getting quotes for Marks S15 and prices are pretty good and a lot lower than this year, but as soon as you mention the strut brace....WTF!!? or How Much????? I really dont understand how this 'mod' can cause such a massive increase or cause no insurance coverage.

Any serious response would be appreciated and not to be spammed with cr@p please :)

Greenlight seemed fine with the three braces I had on my FN2.

I can only assume it's viewed in some extreme form of mod like a roll cage, i.e. what do you need that on the road for if you're driving sensibly. Just a guess.

Why not buy the car & sell the brace seperately therefore negating the issue?

Hi Blank,

You'll probably find that this comes down to a lack of understanding from the Insurer that you're dealing with, who are probably not used to covering modified vehicles.

Whilst in our experience strut braces can spread the impact to the other side of the vehicle for certain angles of impact, as you say, they do assist with the ride of the vehicle.

LOXY (who has 3 with us) is spot on - There's no charge for the strut braces and no admin cost to include modifications like these mid-term.

Kind regards

Tony

P.S. I know it's not funny, but as they're confused by the names/impact of minor modifications you could see what they say to a diverter (dump) valve, which sounds far worse than it is (before you ask, also no charge with us).

Please can someone explain to me, how a strut brace (that is assisting the vehicle to be more stable) now class the car as a "non insurable modification"?

I have been getting quotes for Marks S15 and prices are pretty good and a lot lower than this year, but as soon as you mention the strut brace....WTF!!? or How Much????? I really dont understand how this 'mod' can cause such a massive increase or cause no insurance coverage.

Any serious response would be appreciated and not to be spammed with cr@p please :)

Back