• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Stupid question but got to ask it. New head unit

Hi guys. I haven't changed a stereo for many years, however after disconnecting my battery I can't use the standard head unit anymore as I don't have the code.
I have bought a pioneer single din unit from eBay. However I just wanted to check what accessories I need to fit this.
I assume I need an adaptor from Honda to pioneer. Anyone know which one?
Do I need one of them aerial adaptors? Or will it fit already?

What about a fascia? Will the new head unit fit into the standard one? Or do I need something different?

Thanks for the help guys and sorry for the dumb questions. I must be getting old as I feel a bit out of touch now!!

Forgot to say I have a 2004 Ep3 type R

Is the stereo in the ep3 origional ?
If so you can pm me your reg number & the 8 digit serial number & i will get you the code tomorrow
Hold down number 1&6 then turn radio on
Send me the 8 numbers , they will start with 3000
Hope this helps you

single din should fit fine, there's no real need for a fascia unless you want it to look perfect, i got quoted 65 for the fascia adaptor on my double din but im not fussed about the curved bit where the original was, adaptors are pretty easy... have a look online type in your reg etc or just pop in to halfords :)

Back