• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

superchargers?

I have heard that there are 2 main sc designs the first being th jackson racing and the other being the rotrex type. i was wondering witch 1 of the 2 is the better or the most prefered. I am definatly thinking that a sc is on the list for 1 of the fist mods after the waranty runs out so any feed back would be great cheers Rob.

Both are good. The Rotrex is somewhat more efficient. So provides potentialy (in the CTR application at least) the most power. Yet the JRSC is a very reliable and proven system.

And tbh, as far as ultimate power, well how much do you REALLY want to go through the front wheels of your car. Both the above systems are more than capable of helping the CTR reach its limits of allround drivability.

Yes I know that there have been cars pushing much more through using a turbo (in one case over 600bhp! by a nutter in Poland) but these are mainly for drag applications and not really for your average Joe in an everyday situation.

I am using the JRSC, as it was the first developed, have ran it for over 26k miles, on a daily commute and; so far, find it very reliable, and in its low boost (4psi) application very potent. And not wearing on the drivetrain at all. There are also many who are running it in the race or higher boost, and they can of course give you more of an idea. One chap even is running the JRSC, and cams to give quite a 'chunk' of power.

As for the Rotrex, I personaly do not know anyone who has one, but I have heard good things.

Both have their strong points, and if it was me making the choice again, I'd go for the proven system.

(sorry to ramble :oops: )

Forum member 'mrdmferret' is running the Rotrex S/C IIRC, with some serious power as well I might add. I think the Rotrex also runs an I/C, have seen one that is 'top mount', but I did hear a while back that there were front mount designs on the way, whether or not these are now available I do not know.

Personally, I'm with G for the JRSC. As he says, running either will definately push the CTR to its limits. I'd go for a well setup car (suspension, alignment, brakes, LSD) before really ramping the power up otherwise you'll have a real deathtrap of a car on your hands, especially in the wet :shock:

To get the most power out of the JRSC I think you'd better off running the one that is designed specifically for the RSX as I'm sure this one is capable of a bit more BHP than the EP3 version, along with some IPS supercharged cams if your pockets are deep enough (talk to Friendy regarding these as he runs those in his car).

Either way, an S/C'd CTR is gonna be fast no matter what :wink:

i have the rsx-s jrsc in my ctr and running 11psi, there is not much difference from 11psi to the 9psi due to heat but i have been in and mine does feel a little faster but may be down to the fact that the car with 9psi didnt have LSD

G said:
One chap even is running the JRSC, and cams to give quite a 'chunk' of power.

Is there two of us :lol: as said before the JRSC has proven to be reliable, the rotrex I believe delivers its power in a narrow band and uses more boost, you pays your money and makes your choice. If I was to do it all over again would still pick the JRSC, but not been in a rotrex car :roll:

the thing that puts me off the rotrex is that with more power in a shorter band is like a turbocharger. i do like turbo cars but prefer the smoother powerband with a supercharger, it is more usable

Agreed, flexibility is the key, especially when dealing with uping the power in a FWD car. Which is why the JRSC is such a good option. SSmooth linear power delivery accross a wide rev range. The car feels more like a 6cyl n/a...not f/i really.

Appart from the sound ;) :D

Agree with all thats been posted above

Despite a few people having Rotrex superchargeres fitted its still unproven in my book, sorry if this offends people but fact is go look at the USA where Jackson superchargers have been used widley, also the Comptech ones.

The Rotrex is still and im sure richard at TTS would agree with me here a development kit, much like the JR was when G had his fitted, the Jackson charger has undegone much development to get it where it is today.

Ok you can argue that its not the most effiecient charger out there and generates a lot of heat at highboost lvls but as others have stated who would want to drive a car with more that 250-300 BHP through the Front Wheels no ta Ill leave the 400-500 BHP for the 4WD boys.

Ok there is applications for 400-500 FWD but thats mainly Drag Racing applications, using a Turbo, at least with a Turbo you can turn the boost down and use it as adaily driver................

As for the Dan Ferret Rotrex supercharger and the claimed 450-500 BHP he has or has not had etc etc, It would appear that the car is currently undergoing a rebuild !! I wonder what that tells you :) Ohh and its still very much unproven as I have not seen the car at any shows meets track days drag strips the list goes on, all I have heard is the pub talk 500 BHP figures.

Im not trying to start an argument here im just stating facts

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree with you 100% there Tart :wink:

Weill a jrsc has definatly been added to my wish list now along with an lsd and kpro ecu upgrade. now all i need to do is find the money to pay for it all. looks liek the over time is gonna get hammered for the next year or so. Where did u all get hold of ur jrsc's got an idea were im gonna get the kpro from that would be systemR cause there the nearest fitter to me and thinking of signing up for the gb for the lsd but got no idea were to get hold of th sc

VtecRob said:
Weill a jrsc has definatly been added to my wish list now along with an lsd and kpro ecu upgrade. now all i need to do is find the money to pay for it all. looks liek the over time is gonna get hammered for the next year or so. Where did u all get hold of ur jrsc's got an idea were im gonna get the kpro from that would be systemR cause there the nearest fitter to me and thinking of signing up for the gb for the lsd but got no idea were to get hold of th sc

If they are close to you then there is no contest, if they're not then use them anyway.

You'll get 100% service and advice from both Paul and Mark. They'll advise on what's actually best to go for and not what's gonna make them the most money.

i bought my jrsc from the US ebay, it is for the acura rsx-s or the integra type-r over here but i did have to make some modifications to the engine bay to make it fit

Mark

Back