• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

suspension not even ???

Hi, Basically my tyres were touching the arches due to new tyres so i replaced my lowering springs with the OEM springs i picked up from tuf.

now this has been fitted i noticed the distance between the top of the tyre and the arch on the drivers side is about 6mm lower than on the passangers side. why is this? and will it cause any problems? I am not sure if the shockers are OEM as the car was lowered when i purchased it but would that matter anyhow?

unfortunatley the tyres do still rub the arches especially on the drivers side but rolling will cure this and at least the car is now driveable which it wasnt with the lowering springs.

Any help on this would be much appreciated .

p.s the car is an EP3

Hi, Basically my tyres were touching the arches due to new tyres so i replaced my lowering springs with the OEM springs i picked up from tuf.

now this has been fitted i noticed the distance between the top of the tyre and the arch on the drivers side is about 6mm lower than on the passangers side. why is this? and will it cause any problems? I am not sure if the shockers are OEM as the car was lowered when i purchased it but would that matter anyhow?

unfortunatley the tyres do still rub the arches especially on the drivers side but rolling will cure this and at least the car is now driveable which it wasnt with the lowering springs.

Any help on this would be much appreciated .

p.s the car is an EP3

Tyres rubbing on OEM springs :eek:

What size wheels do you have fitted ?

Tyres rubbing on OEM springs :eek:

What size wheels do you have fitted ?
force,

i have a 17 x 8" wheel with a 215 45 17 tyre and yeah still rubs on the arches when cornering i cant remember what the offset is but the wheels are rota force.
http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=211464&start=20 you can see how low it was with the lowering springs here originally had a 205 45 tyre streched on and no probs at all. i cant understand how a slightly bigger tyre can cause for me to change back to OEM suspension and still need arches rolling.

I know some people have an issue when using Enkei Evo 8 wheels (they are also an 8J wheel) on a lowered CTR. Most go for arch rolling.
But ive not heard of anyone having issues when they are still at the standard ride height.

Can you jack the car up and see where the tyre is rubbing/catching ?

Also, can you see any signs of the shocks leaking or have previously leaked ?

I know some people have an issue when using Enkei Evo 8 wheels (they are also an 8J wheel) on a lowered CTR. Most go for arch rolling.
But ive not heard of anyone having issues when they are still at the standard ride height.

Can you jack the car up and see where the tyre is rubbing/catching ?

Also, can you see any signs of the shocks leaking or have previously leaked ?

i cannot see any sign of the shockers leaking but the back end of the car does somtimes sound a little loud ie strange noises from time to time but it drives fine and has just passed an MOT and it is catching on the lip i know this by the marking on the tyre's. Rolling the arches should solve this but prob not enough to lower it again (gutted). before i changed back to OEM springs i couldnt drive the car it was litrally 10mm between the top of the tyre and the arch. if the shocker was damaged *** surly this wouldnt affect the ride height as its the springs that determine this.

Sounds like the issue is to do with the wheels being too wide or the wrong offset.

Nip a wheel off and find out the offset

Back