• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Talex Lite Camera Detector

Got one of these babies on Saturday from Tesco for £69.99.
Lets just say it was the best £70 spent for a long time. :D

homepage_talex_lite.gif

This little and effective unit lets you know via GPS where all the Fixed and Mobile Camera sites are situated. Ok so it doesn't have a flash looking display or loads of other b*llocks that some of the £300 detectors have but it does exactly what it says on the box.

Showed my mate who spent £400 on a Road Angel 2 and he was well impressed, he actually thought he had been ripped off when seeing the Talex. :lol:

It has a subscription for the download database so the camera sites can be kept up to date so you can be safe to know it is going to find most of the cameras when out and about.

The display tells the time via GPS ensuring accurate timekeeping and also tells you your speed too, i was shocked to find at an indicated 60 mph on the CTR clocks the car was only doing 55. :shock: Just shows you how far speedos are out really.

The unit has an option to switch off and on an overspeed warning in camera areas which is nice little option if you are irritated by the voice that tells you to slow down. :lol:

I can keep going on really but i just wanted to recommend this unit to anyone that wants a detector but doesn't want to spend stupid prices on gimmicky stuff!! :D

10/10 IMO

Its also got good reviews in UKSpeedtraps too.

sounds good on paper but looks like crap, where would u mount it?>

hide it in the furrybox but can u pick up a gps signal there :?

Fire_2 said:
sounds good on paper but looks like crap, where would u mount it?>

hide it in the furrybox but can u pick up a gps signal there :?

I didn't buy it for the looks, thats hardly the most important thing that i look for on a device like that!! :wink: It could look like a dog turd for all i care, as long as it does its job. :lol:

TBH why should you have to pay another £300 for a nice display case?? :? :lol: More fool you!! :wink:

You could have just got a tomtom 5 or something on your phone and then downloaded the speed camera databases. Has Satnav too! ;)

saboteur said:
You could have just got a tomtom 5 or something on your phone and then downloaded the speed camera databases. Has Satnav too! ;)

I originally got a Navman 610i from Costco and downloaded the camera database on to that, lets just say it was as much use as a chocolate teapot. The thing kept alerting me to cameras that were on other roads ajacent to the ones i was going up, this was very annoying so i took it back.

TBH Sat nav is a waste of time for me because i very rarely need that sort of device. I tend to find my way to places easily enough without the need for sat nav. :D

I'm the completely opposite!
I absolutely cannot live without my satnav... seriously... like even going 5 miles, I need it...

I'm not too hopeless, once i've made a trip, then thats i can usually figure it out...

Thanks for the tip Composite Guru, just got one myself in my local Tesco's. Works a treat, I was well suprised at how accurate it was with Gatsos - down to within a ft :shock: . Problem is, when I got it, the first thing I tried to do was set the time. Not realising it got the time+date from GPS, I went and added some mobile cameras manually. Now everytime I pass Tesco's, I get shed loads of warnings about mobile cameras, DOH! :oops: :oops: :roll:

I've held out on snoopers and the like before, as I've always thought they were too expensive. This seems like a bargain. Mind you, it is another £25 for the subscription (which you dont have to have, but you might as well keep it upto date).

Mines sat fairly discretely to the right of my dash. Looks ok IMO.

Back