• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Teeside Autodrome - May 2010

Posting this on behalf of a mate in the Toyota Owners Club - he is organising a bit of a track day later in the year at Teeside Autodrome. Initially he was going for Toyotas only but he's now decided to limit it to Jap cars only.

Below is the post that my mate has posted on the Starlet forum which has all the details:

Right guys, just seeing if I can drum up some interest on here, ideally want to keep it to toyota based forums if I do not get the numbers, it is already up on TOC

I have been looking into running a track day next year, something a bit more relaxed but still fun and came across this:

Hi Mark, Thanks for your interest & subsequent enquiry to which I hope we can be of assistance. Firstly there would be no problem whatsoever catering for a club trackday, which we can tailor to your requirements. We would normally work on a maximum of 30 cars, 35 at a squeeze, running 15 to 17 cars on track at any one time. For a club social day out, I would recommend the standard day format, of briefing, sighting laps, open pit lane through until lunchtime, one hour lunch, back on track for part of the afternoon, and then finishing off with a 10 minute qualifying session in a twin engined kart, and a 15 minute race. Included in the day would be bacon or sausage rolls with tea or coffee for breakfast, and a buffet lunch with chips etc at a total cost of £99.

We can run up to 105Db, and the day would be run in a relaxed manner.Let me know what your feelings are, and bear in mind we can run the day to your specific requirement should the standard format be of no interest.
There are a few options as to the layout of the track to get the right mix of corners and striaghts so that it evens out the playing field a little. It is at Teesside Autodrome (where they have some of the sprint series and used to have drifting)

6670fe0b27ea5721f77582ca9b3c15ff.jpg

I am thinking about doing it Mid May (working around my rugby season) and so the weather might be ok.

So to summarise, a track day, with food inc and a high Db limit, PLUS karting all for 99 of your finest english (or scottish welsh or irish) pounds!

And then after a trip to a local take away for a Parmo!!
Anyone interested, just stick your name down - trying to get an idea of numbers for now.

Cheers, Mark

Good track! I live near by and the have been go karting & quading both really good. Very good service from all of the people there to. :eek:

Good to hear - i've only ever been spectating but really looking forward to driving the track, pretty twisty which should be a good for the DC2 :)

Back