• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa FN2 Header

Hi

What power can I expect from Tegiwa Airbox and Header.

Already have the airbox mapped, getting a second hand Header which will have a generic file update Via Honda FlashPro.

Was custom mapped with airbox, but the mapper won't be at my tuning garage for a few months as he does mapping days as he works somewhere else.

But tuning Garage I use said they will get a file update to fueling is ok and sort eml issue.

then when the guy is down I will get it custom mapped, they also want me to leave it a month or so, so I can change fuel from 97 to 99

If you are getting it custom mapped in the short term future anyway I would most certainly wait and just get it done properly the first time.

I wouldn't want to use a generic map with a swapped header even if you you're saving money short term it could cost you more down the line if there any problems

Hardly gonna cause issue when some run unmapped

Won't well it's gonna go on dyno to ensure runs right but the Honda mapper isn't at tuner til few months,l.

So he's gonna help them sort eml and fueling, but he will finely tune when there in person

Last edited by a moderator:
On what engineering basis are you making the conclusion that 'it will hardly cause issue'? By stuff you've read on the internet?

Fact is, the fuelling is going to be so off with a just a base map. Most likely it'll be running lean which will mean the pistons will run too hot. A secondary drawback is you'll most likely see no power increase until mapped.

The only time you should be using a base map is if you immediately log it and adjust fuelling to suit.

It's no running on a Base map, guy called Russ Paton mapped my car at Gimotorsport but he works out of Ra motorsport but does mapping days.

So he's gonna help Gimotorsport with a file update for the eml light and Gimotorsport will sort fueling on dyno. But then Russ is next down he wants to work on it again to get best out of it.

I have been running 97 so he was going to be tweaking his initial map once 99 fuel run through

I was meaning if Gimotorsport give it a map so fuel and eml is right it wouldn't cause damage

Back