• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

tenzo r induction kit/k&n typhoon

hi guys wanting to buy an cold air intake for my atr seen make Tenzo r at madmotors can you guys give me feedback. Either tenzo r or Kk typhoon but tenzo r about £75 cheaper thanks

i just fitted a k an n the other day with a magnex bk box and it sounds amazing once the vtec kicks in Typhoon all the way mate

Was seriously thinking about a typhoon for mine but heard it suffers badly from heatsoak, seems to be the AEM is the way to go more bang for the buck so to speak. Seems your damned if you do damned if ya dont either way Typhoon= heatsoak........AEM = Big Puddle dodger

Any filter that draws its air from the engine bay (open cone filter) has the chance of suffering from heat soak at low speeds.

The best kits all have CAI (Cold Air Intakes).

Only thing about the AEM intake is where it sits, On N.Ireland roads rain is almost an everyday thing as the sun is a foreign object in our skys :eek: Id be seriously concerned about hydrolock even though its an off chance of it happening.

Only thing about the AEM intake is where it sits, On N.Ireland roads rain is almost an everyday thing as the sun is a foreign object in our skys :eek: Id be seriously concerned about hydrolock even though its an off chance of it happening.

Agreed.

I was lucky enough to buy a Gruppe 'M when the £ was better, so I paid £320 for a brand new one.

If I was to tune another CTR I would keep my eyes on the for sales sections and get another GM.

The other options available to you would be a J's intake, which you wont find second hand and will probably be about as much as a GM new, or a ARC which is a very good inatke system and is rated highly by tuners and modders alike, however, again you wont see these in the for sale section and will be expensive new.

I currently have the typhoon in my car (due to no choice of my own, previous owner put it in) it does sound good in vtec but i'm also certain that you lose power due to the location of the open cone filter, its just going to be hit by heat soak

I currently have the typhoon in my car (due to no choice of my own, previous owner put it in) it does sound good in vtec but i'm also certain that you lose power due to the location of a open cone filter its just going to be hit by heat soak

It may sound good now but wait until you put that GM on ;) .

Back