• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tescos 99 Wins Fuel Shootout

Thats interesting! :shock:

Mine either has v-power or 99 anyway, depends what end of the M4 I'm on 8)

Welsh-Rich said:
Thats interesting! :shock:

Mine either has v-power or 99 anyway, depends what end of the M4 I'm on 8)

Same here. If there's no difference, I will go with Tescos on price

Filled up with V Power the other day. Was 99.9 :shock:

In under 100 miles I've already used 1/4 of a tank. Car sounds louder, and with 99 it could be lumpy sometimes through the rev range, now it seems smooth.

Thing is, Tesco's is about 2 miles from me, V Power is about 8.

V-Power wasn't tested, so not really up-to-date tbh.

Although EVO magazine did this with WRC RR & found Optimax to be the best solution.

SpaceMonkey said:
V-Power wasn't tested, so not really up-to-date tbh.

Although EVO magazine did this with WRC RR & found Optimax to be the best solution.

Aye, at the bottom they mention their initial findings on v-power is that theres little difference to Optimax. We'll have to wait and see :)

Note that this test was mainly performed before the release of Shell's new V-Power, which effectively replaces Optimax. However, Thorne said that he expects to release more results in the future using V-Power -- although early test results show no perceptible difference between it and Optimax. Ed. Thorne also told PH that all TMS's testing was internally funded with no fuel company involvement

Back