• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The insurance game

Has begun, I never normally ring around as I just renew but I thought I would this time to see if I can save some money along the way.So far I have tried Sky, and A-plan, as expected my insurance has gone up slightly as I am aware that underwriters have raised prices, as much as it annoys me it is just part of life,So far A plan are beating Sky by £80. At just over £800 with all mods declared (like for like) and also protected no claims.

Are you registered on Civinfo?

Try Greenlight. They have a scheme weighted specifically for members.

Are you registered on Civinfo?Try Greenlight. They have a scheme weighted specifically for members.
http://greenlightinsurance.squarespace.com/annual-car-insurance/Excluded vehiclesBMW E36 models - (E30/E46 derivatives are still acceptable) Citroen Saxo models Ford Sierra RS500 model Honda S2000, Integra DC2 & DC5 imports (UK DC2's are acceptable) Lotus Elise/Exige Nissan 200SX/Silvia models (All) Porsche (except Boxster) Renault Clio 172 “Cup” (non-ABS) model - (All other 172 derivatives are acceptable) Skoda Fabia/Octavia models TVR (all models) Vauxhall VX220 Turbo LHD vehicles (except Golf Rallye and Lancia Delta) Vehicles not listed by The Association Of British Insurers (ABI) The above have been excluded based upon our historic claims performance with the specific models listed above - Most other Performance model vehicles are currently acceptable.

Excuse the layout of the above, the work PC posts that way - in a nutshell greenlight wont cover a DC5.

What's their problem with E36s? So they're fine insuring a RHD VX220 turbo, but a M reg 316 worth about 50p is out of the question.

I'll be playing this game next month. Sucks.

Excuse the layout of the above, the work PC posts that way - in a nutshell greenlight wont cover a DC5.

Bugger, hadn't thought of that.

I take it for the quotes you are getting you are checking they will cover the Evo X/FD2 and that their price is competitive on those cars?

Or would you just cancel and start the year again?

As per my text, Lifesure gave me a fantastic quote a few years ago and Des is with the with no complaints.

£727 without my no claims being protected, yes John, they both insure the X and FD2. :)

Try Adrian Flux to, nobody can get close to them for me although I know they are completely different cars.

It varies wildly each year for me. Some years some insurers won't touch me, other years they are a good 40% cheaper than anyone else.

I think I will go with A-plan unless Sky can match the sum - I am happy enough paying £800 with my NC protected.

Back