• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Thinking of doing a track day

Hi I'm thinking of doing a track day in my standard ep3 type r
I'm going for a bit of fun and experience more than anything

the car is completely standard as I use it for my daily car,would it be ok to do one in a standard car
cheers guys

Just do the basics, top up fluids etc. Make sure brake pads are ok. You can have a lot of fun in a standard car. Just warm and cool it down properly and stick to 15 min sessions. You won't regret it as they are so much fun

Look on MSV for novice only track days everybody in the same situation and they restrict you to one 20min session per hour. Good introduction to track days.

You will love it. And you will find the EP3 punches well above it's weight on track.

My advice would be to ideally do a dry one (if you can wait till summer) and one with a lot of run-off (Donnington or any of the airfield tracks - not Cadwell park)

Yes, just do it! They are a lot of fun, even in a standard car! Just look after your fluids and brakes and you'll be fine.

Make sure your fluids are topped up.
You have good meat on the brakes
Check the oil level throughout the day, take spare and top up if needed
Make sure your tyres have plenty of meat, especially if you're using the same tyres to drive home on. You don't want to get caught below the legal tread limit.

Also really fancy doing this!
Didn't realise they did novice days.....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Also really fancy doing this!
Didn't realise they did novice days.....

I would recommend doing a sessioned day, usually in groups (Novice, intermediate, advanced) and 20 minutes per hour so will give you plenty of time to recover and cool off too! :)

Google should be able to help you there! There may even be an airfield used for track days local to you if you're lucky!

Used to live quite close to there and never went. Quite gutted really. Hopefully meet some people there too, nobody I hang about with are into cars :/

Back