• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Timing chain slipped?

These 2 faults were picked up and says it could be a slipped timing chain car is a 2004 model with 108 thousand miles got the faults removed but light is now back on and it doesnt feel like itd engaging in vtec whats everyones thoughts? I managed to pick up a full timing chain kit brand new sealed tensioners the lot for £40 so its going to get done anyway just hope thats all

Sent From Galaxy S4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407670782871.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407670782871.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 33
It will probably be in limp mode hence no VTEC. I wouldn't go revving it around too much either as it could slip another few teeth and if it does that it will be your valve train that you are replacing too.

Only fit a genuine Honda timing chain and tensioner too. Cheap "OEM equivalent" ones stretch and snap very easily then you are back where you started plus see above.

Yeah girlfriends brother is a mechanic so will be getting done soon along with drilled and grooved brakes should be delivered tomorrow or Tuesday

Sent From Galaxy S4

Price of a genuine chain is not that much and considering how big of a job it is to change and the risks associated with a chain snapping, its really not an area you want to get cheap parts on.

Yeah I know I think it is a genuine honda one guy was just wanting rid of it because he has a nissan navara now and was just sitting in garage

Sent From Galaxy S4

Well thats chain done today was stretched timing was out about a tooth
yda8egy6.jpg

Sent From Galaxy S4

Back