• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Toda cams and JRSC and stuff.......

G

A veritable chap
Just out of interest, do Toda do cams that work (or are designed to work) with the Jackson charger? AS I saw a feature on another Nemisis car that is running this set up (Thought they had gone bust??).

Also looking through Fast Car at work yesterday, they had two boosted EP3's in. One of those was that 700 bhp+ CTR running the turbonetics set up at 35psi :shock: :shock: Using their own XO engine management system :-k

That has to be interesting to drive.

http://www.xomotorsports.co.uk/

These are the guys, though no site working quite yet.

As far as i know the Toda cams run too much duration to run with boost effectively hence why people like IPS have developed SC and turbo specific cams so increase lift but keep the duration less than N/A specific cams?

I did ask Paul at TDI if the Toda cams would work with the Supercharger, but not, hence why I fitted the IPS, he did explain it too me :oops: but went over my head a tad.

Also looking through Fast Car at work yesterday, they had two boosted EP3's in. One of those was that 700 bhp+ CTR running the turbonetics set up at 35psi Shocked Shocked Using their own XO engine management system Think

That has to be interesting to drive.

LOL where u been G this car been about for ages :) Heard big things about it also a short viso of it in action on streetfire.

It looks fast but as with all these bhp figures etc etc take with pinch of salt :)

Not seen it at any shows, or drag strips, but according to what I heard they were going to drag race it :)

I knew of it Pete, but not a lot of details. (The XO car). I am guessing they will have the same issues Dom had with his. He was running over 700 also, but his times were just tenths (if that) quicker than cars with half the power, though his trap speed was in the 130's. Which is why he has put the car back to stock and is concentrating on a new drag project. Still there are some interesting bits on that car....

However my main interest was the Nemisis second CTR running the JRSC with the Toda cams, as I thought that would not work, or at least not effectivly. Still I guess the proof is in the doing :)

Being quite blunt Nemesis werent the best about. :roll:

You can't use NA cams with boost applications as they have a long duration and overlap so you have both inlet and exhaust open at the same time. The idea is that with tuned manifolds it pulls air quickly through the intake then snaps the valves shut. This creates a slight overpressure in effect pulling more air into the chamber. It works very well on NA applications.
If you are running a boosted application it means that some of your hard earned boosted air is lost as its blown straight out the exhaust.

Stick to the proper cams. There will be loads to choose from very soon as well.

Tarticus said:
There will be loads to choose from very soon as well.

Good Good, are Toda actually going to make some FI cams

Wouldnt have thought so as they are NA purists.

Was thinking more of the likes of Piper, Kent, clockwise etc and all Im sure would be far cheaper than those currently available.
Always the way when an engine has been out for a few years and the learning has been done.

Great to here, cos I Ain't paying @ £1500 for IPS, even though I really want them

Great to here, cos I Ain't paying @ £1500 for IPS, even though I really want them

Look at there web site you can at least say they Race Proven and before all the purists get onto my back yer I know its Drag Racing

Got to be said they won some titles in 2006 and seem to know there business now all I need is to rob a bank or something as I really really want these NOW :)

Tarticus said:

Look at there web site you can at least say they Race Proven and before all the purists get onto my back yer I know its Drag Racing

Got to be said they won some titles in 2006 and seem to know there business now all I need is to rob a bank or something as I really really want these NOW :)

LOL

You do get what you pay for I quess :|

Back