• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TP's earthing kit fitted

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Arrived today and fitted in about 15 mins. Easy to fit apart from the diagram doesn't show clearly where the throttle body connection is. I had a quick glance around and found somewhere suitable so I hope it's the right place. Will get pics up when I've sorted out my scuttle panel for the Gruppe M.

First impressions are that it looks good. Can't comment on anything else since it's still not dark and I can't see the lights properly yet. Might be going for a drive tonight so will let you know how it is.

Thanks to TP for the super swift delivery!

15 minutes .........hhmmm not bad.

And 30 minutes to work out how ty-wraps work :lol: :lol:

I was well impressed wth my kit. Took a few pics at the weekend after I gave the engine bay a bit of a clean...

IMG_1063-vi.jpg

IMG_1065-vi.jpg

I wanna nominate myself as having the neatest installed TP Earth Kit in the UK :p :p :lol:

I have had 2 now, so good practice fitting!

1st

FINISHED.jpg

2nd

N1EarthKit006.jpg

Got 2 BHP and 3lb/ft at the wheel up then my last run on the same rollors. not bad for £40 :p

MilanoChris said:
Got 2 BHP and 3lb/ft at the wheel up then my last run on the same rollors. not bad for £40 :p

bloody good mate! 8)

will be pur chasing one of these asa i get the cash :wink:

I just fitted mine - took considerably longer due to the neg. battery terminal bolt snapping with the nut in it :oops: :D

As with Chris, I didn't know where to fit the throttle body earth? Its fitted to the other manifold hole at the mo.. where has everyone else fitted theirs? Any pics?

Thanks
Dave

Not really got any pics mate but there is only one hole for the nut to fit in. On the throttle body, as you look from the front of the car, right near the front and facing towards the rear of the car is a hole. The nut fits in perfectly. I hope that makes sence :oops: :lol:

MilanoChris said:
Not really got any pics mate but there is only one hole for the nut to fit in. On the throttle body, as you look from the front of the car, right near the front and facing towards the rear of the car is a hole. The nut fits in perfectly. I hope that makes sence :oops: :lol:

I dont have to take anything off to get at it do I? I'll have a look tomorrow in the daylight..
Cheers

In my experience of fitting the earth kit - The throttle body fixing point was the most awkward to do, just needs a bit more finger dexterity than the other points. :D

Sorry to sound thick, but what is a TP Earthing Kit ? and what is it used for ?

Is it to prevent static shocks or something ??

Seriously I have no clue! :oops:

lewisy said:
Sorry to sound thick, but what is a TP Earthing Kit ? and what is it used for ?

Is it to prevent static shocks or something ??

Seriously I have no clue! :oops:

Basically add's more earthing points around vital parts of the engine bay and keeps the voltages more stabalised. And it looks good 8)

Back