• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Traction problems??

Is it just me or are Bridgestone Pot really crap in the wet???

fine in the dry but im getting wheel spin in 1st/2nd gear at 3000rpm no where near VTEC

and sometimes in 3rd in VTEC

i know roads are wet etc.. but is anoying

if im very carful its fine but just cant plant my foot down any more unless im doing 60mph!

got T1R's on back thinking i should get some on the front soon

Yes mate the potenzas are no good in the wet and its a known fact!!

You have to bear in mind that any car is going to lose traction in the current climate especially a 200bhp as standard FWD car such as the CTR.

Take note and read through last years 'Winter and oh no I have stacked my CTR' posts on other forums and it will all become clear.

Keep the foot off the gas and use higher gears and you should see the winter through no problem..

For the Record Im running T1Rs all round and although a great tyre in the wet I would not get over confident 8)

Yep they are not great in the wet....and mixing the tyres front and back won't help you either. :?

I used to spin a lot when I first had the car but now I have learnt how not to do it. :wink: :lol:

i can take it easy and pull away fine etc...

but even at 3000rpm aprox 130bhp still spins

gotta be the tyres. :(

Oh well take it easy and wait for them dry days :)

I have Potenza's and in the wet only get wheel spin if i'm being lead footed, and only in third if i'm flooring it, which in the wet is a bit foolish....

Anything below 8 deg C and the Potenza's will not reach optimum temperature and will perform poorly. Plus they are not the best in the wet.

Found my CTR spinning a wee bit from standstill @ low revs in the wet on my Pots Rossi :(

Defo gonna have to see about getting some new front boots.

Will be a reciepe for trouble if I leave Pots on the back & change to Toyo's up front?

SpaceMonkey said:
Will be a reciepe for trouble if I leave Pots on the back & change to Toyo's up front?

Ideally you want the most grip at the back, unless you wana go backwards through a hedge. :wink:

Neily03 said:
SpaceMonkey said:

Ideally you want the most grip at the back, unless you wana go backwards through a hedge. :wink:

Thank You Neily :wink:

Looks like new boots all round then.....oh joy...that'll be almost £400 gone in the New year then....DOH!!!

i'd forgotten how sh1te the potenza's are!

I'm wheelspinning more now with a standard engine than i was with a supercharger and a set of parada spec 2's.

I'm not even booting it, pulling out of junctions at 2-2500rpm results in the car feeling like it has hit black ice! :cry: :roll:

Depending on how long i keep the car i'm gonna change the tyres to the yoko's.

Back