• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R FK8 All Season Tyres

Hi All,

I'm new here and wondered if anyone can help with some advice?

I previously had a Type R FK2 with All Season Tyres and the car wasn't too bad in the snow. I recently just purchased a 2020 Type R FK8 that has the stock 20" wheels.

I've been looking everywhere to try and find All Season Tyres but can't find any with that same tyre profile. I've also emailed all different tyre companies and they said I need to speak to Honda. I don't want to change alloy size so I'm a bit stuck for choice.

I spoke to my local Honda garage and they said "The manufacturer has recommended the tyre size which is fitted is fitted to your car and from a safety aspect I must recommend you don't fit these. The profile difference may effect the handling and an insurance company may use that should a claim be raised so I would strongly recommend you wouldn’t fit these"

I'm only driving the car as a daily driver and wouldn't be taking on a track or driving it anywhere near top speed.

Is Honda just basing this off people taking the car on a track and not as a daily driver?

I did see this online so now i'm even more confused -

Thanks for your assistance.

Michelin do the CrossClimate 2 All Season tyre & Continental do a 'Winter Contact ' tyre :)
Thanks for the update, I did look at the Cross Climate tyres but they don't do it for my tyre profile 245 30 ZR 20 90(Y)

Ideally I wanted to avoid changing to Winter tyres but not sure what to do. I've heard good things about the Pilot Sport All Season tyres but again they don't seem to do that profile :(

Might need to end up looking into Snow Socks! Lol

Thanks for the info :)

I was just confused because the guy in my Honda garage told me not to go with a different profile of tyre as it could void my insurance if i was in an accident.

Again they are probably basing this on me using it on a track or driving at crazy speeds which I wouldn't be doing.

I don't think i'll be dropping to 19" tyres anytime soon though as I just bought the car and spent a lot on it lol

I'll consider the Cross Climates though, the slight difference in profile shouldn't make much difference should it? I read on another forum if you change profile it can affect your speedometer being out by 2mph or something like that, don't know how true that is?

Last edited:
Glad I could help :cool:

TBH when I had my FK8 I just ran Continental Sport Contact 6 Summer tyres in all weathers :p

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S are better in the cold/wet compared to the Continentals though (way better tread life too) ;)

Not missing those 20" tyre prices LOL

Glad I could help :cool:

TBH when I had my FK8 I just ran Continental Sport Contact 6 Summer tyres in all weathers :p

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S are better in the cold/wet compared to the Continentals though (way better tread life too) ;)

Not missing those 20" tyre prices LOL
LOL I was thinking of just keeping my original tyres also but was just worried about how the car would handle in the snow.

Yeah I know what you mean, for 4 new decent tyres it's just over a grand :p

Been running 18' wheels & Michelin PS4 on my FK8 from the word go for over 4 years, best decision Ive ever made.

Back